Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing Colors and ^M in a log file Post 302887471 by Jotne on Friday 7th of February 2014 05:32:59 PM
Old 02-07-2014
Code:
cat file
Bringing up loopback interface:  ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]^M^M¬
 19 Bringing up interface eth0:  ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]^M^M¬
 20 Starting portreserve: ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]^M^M¬
 21 Starting system logger: ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]^M^M¬
 22 Starting irqbalance: ^[[60G[^[[0;32m  OK  ^[[0;39m]^M^M¬

Code:
awk '{gsub(/\^M|\^\[\[[0-9]*G\[|\^\[\[0;[0-9]*m]*| *¬/,x)}1' file
Bringing up loopback interface:    OK
 19 Bringing up interface eth0:    OK
 20 Starting portreserve:   OK
 21 Starting system logger:   OK
 22 Starting irqbalance:   OK

This is copy and past from code in post #1. It may be that it has changed when you posted it here. Upload the file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

colors

Hello, I am somewhat new to linux. I just installed Red Hat 7.2 and when I try to load gnome or KDE in colors above 8bit it will kind of lock up and display some wierd scrambled cable look. I have an ATI Radeon 7000. I check out my monitor settings they are fine. Is it the graphics card? I set my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sage3k
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Colors

Is there a way with the bourne shell to have different types of files show up a different color when you do ls? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: resullivan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates from log file?

I have a log file with posts looking like this: -- Messages can be delivered by different systems at different times. The id number is used to sort out duplicate messages. What I need is to strip the arrival time from each post, sort posts by id number, and reattach arrival time to respective... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text file colors

Hi everyone. I want to create a text file using different colors, but i dont know how to do that. I just can set the color for the -screen- output, using. for example: printf "\033[32m" printf "%-20s\n" "Orange colour" printf "\033[mo" but if i redirect the second line output to a text file,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: datinksy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a pattern from a log file

I want to remove lines containing a tag from a log file. cat file.log | awk '!/ ${pattern} /' I want to pass a pattern as an argument to a csh script, that will then apply the removal of those lines. For example passing the pattern (DIAG) should remove all lines having (DIAG). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing Old log files from Linux

Dear Friends, I want to remove the 10 days old log files from paticular directory. I want to use some other command for removing the old log files other than find command. Because in our system find command is taking too much of time to remove the old files. Kindly give me the solution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rekha_sri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL "filtering the log file removing the duplicates

Hi folks, I have a log file in the below format and trying to get the output of the unique ones based on mnemonic IN PERL. Could any one please let me know with the code and the logic ? Severity Mnemonic Log Message 7 CLI_SCHEDULER Logfile for scheduled CLI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving or removing few data from log file in real time

Hi, I have a log file that gets updated every second. Currently the size has grown to 20+ GB. I need to have a command/script, that will try to get the actual size of the file and will remove 50% of the data that are in the log file. I don't mind removing the data as the size has grown to huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik Patra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in sending file content with colors and borders

HI i am running a shell script in cron and storing the output of that script in a file say test.then i am copying the content of test to test1 and i will send the output of test to some email ids using mutt. Next time when the script executes i am comparing the contents of test and test1 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
3 Replies
Mail::Message::Body::Lines(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Mail::Message::Body::Lines(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Body::Lines - body of a Mail::Message stored as array of lines INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Body::Lines is a Mail::Message::Body is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
See Mail::Message::Body DESCRIPTION
The body (content) of a message can be stored in various ways. In this documentation you find the description of extra functionality you have when a message is stored in an array of lines. Storing a whole message as an array of lines is useful when the data is not encoded, and you want to process it on a line-by-line basis (a common practice for inspecting message bodies). OVERLOADED
overload: ""() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Body overload: '==' and '!='() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Body overload: @{}() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Body overload: bool() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Body METHODS
Constructors $obj->clone() See "Constructors" in Mail::Message::Body Mail::Message::Body::Lines->new(OPTIONS) -Option --Defined in --Default based_on Mail::Message::Body undef charset Mail::Message::Body 'PERL' or <undef> checked Mail::Message::Body <false> content_id Mail::Message::Body undef data Mail::Message::Body undef description Mail::Message::Body undef disposition Mail::Message::Body undef eol Mail::Message::Body 'NATIVE' file Mail::Message::Body undef log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' message Mail::Message::Body undef mime_type Mail::Message::Body 'text/plain' modified Mail::Message::Body <false> trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' transfer_encoding Mail::Message::Body 'none' based_on => BODY charset => CHARSET|'PERL' checked => BOOLEAN content_id => STRING data => ARRAY-OF-LINES | STRING description => STRING|FIELD disposition => STRING|FIELD eol => 'CR'|'LF'|'CRLF'|'NATIVE' file => FILENAME|FILEHANDLE|IOHANDLE log => LEVEL message => MESSAGE mime_type => STRING|FIELD|MIME modified => BOOLEAN trace => LEVEL transfer_encoding => STRING|FIELD Constructing a body $obj->attach(MESSAGES, OPTIONS) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Construct $obj->check() See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->concatenate(COMPONENTS) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Construct $obj->decoded(OPTIONS) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->encode(OPTIONS) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->encoded() See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->eol(['CR'|'LF'|'CRLF'|'NATIVE']) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->foreachLine(CODE) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Construct $obj->stripSignature(OPTIONS) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Construct $obj->unify(BODY) See "Constructing a body" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode The body $obj->isDelayed() See "The body" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->isMultipart() See "The body" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->isNested() See "The body" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->message([MESSAGE]) See "The body" in Mail::Message::Body About the payload $obj->charset() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->checked([BOOLEAN]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->contentId([STRING|FIELD]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->description([STRING|FIELD]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->disposition([STRING|FIELD]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->dispositionFilename([DIRECTORY]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->isBinary() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->isText() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->mimeType() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->nrLines() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->size() See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->transferEncoding([STRING|FIELD]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->type([STRING|FIELD]) See "About the payload" in Mail::Message::Body Access to the payload $obj->endsOnNewline() See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->file() See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->lines() See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->print([FILEHANDLE]) See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->printEscapedFrom(FILEHANDLE) See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->string() See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->stripTrailingNewline() See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->write(OPTIONS) See "Access to the payload" in Mail::Message::Body Internals $obj->addTransferEncHandler(NAME, CLASS|OBJECT) Mail::Message::Body::Lines->addTransferEncHandler(NAME, CLASS|OBJECT) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->contentInfoFrom(HEAD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->contentInfoTo(HEAD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->fileLocation([BEGIN,END]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->getTransferEncHandler(TYPE) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body::Encode $obj->isModified() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->load() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->modified([BOOLEAN]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->moveLocation([DISTANCE]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->read(PARSER, HEAD, BODYTYPE [,CHARS [,LINES]]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Body Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Message::Body $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Message::Body::Lines->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Message::Body::Lines->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Message::Body::Lines->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter DIAGNOSTICS
Warning: Charset $name is not known The encoding or decoding of a message body encounters a character set which is not understood by Perl's Encode module. Warning: No decoder defined for transfer encoding $name. The data (message body) is encoded in a way which is not currently understood, therefore no decoding (or recoding) can take place. Warning: No encoder defined for transfer encoding $name. The data (message body) has been decoded, but the required encoding is unknown. The decoded data is returned. Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. Error: Unable to read file $filename for message body lines: $! A Mail::Message::Body::Lines object is to be created from a named file, but it is impossible to read that file to retrieve the lines within. Warning: Unknown line terminator $eol ignored SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Body::Lines(3pm)