Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] Issue with grep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Issue with grep Post 302887468 by MadeInGermany on Friday 7th of February 2014 05:28:12 PM
Old 02-07-2014
Exact string search in field 2
Code:
awk '$2=="/abc/XYZ"'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

[Solved] File permissions issue

Hi everybody, following is the scenario; OS HP UX 11.23 two users: # id bodi uid=109(bodi) gid=20(users) groups=1(other),2(bin),3(sys),106(oinstall) # id ossmed uid=121(ossmed) gid=20(users) umask 077 directory name /home/mydir directory permissions drwxrwxrwx requirement: to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

2. Solaris

[solved] Jumpstart Profile Issue

I have created profile file for zfs root (flash) on a wanboot server when i try to validate the rules file with check i get following error .. i 'm not sure why i 'm getting this error .. can any one help me on this ? # ./check Validating rules... Validating profile profile... Error in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] Help with intermittent ping issue

We recently stood up a new server running HP-UX 11.31. Every time we do a restart we lose connectivity to the server. Can't ping in or out. I did some troubleshooting and the problem gets resolved temporarily(can ping in and out and putty to it) when we disconnect the network cable and reconnect... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DtbCollumb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] looping script issue

Hi all.. Need your help I want to combine 2 file into 1file File1 : A B C D File2 : 1 2 3 4 Result : A1 A2 A3 A4 B1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] mailx : unknown user issue

Hi all, I know this issues has been discussed multiple times, i have gone through many such discussion but unfortunately i am still not able to solve the issue being faced. I have configured the sendmail.cf with the smtp host name (Editing the entry starting with DS...) Post that restarted... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpsam
7 Replies

6. Solaris

[SOLVED] Issue with hostname command

Hi, i'm having issues with one of my db servers, each time i run the hostname command i get "-a" as result this is the only zone on this server where i have this issue. could any one help me with this issue (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EduardoDiaz
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

[SOLVED] Telnet timeout issue

I have telnet configured in /etc/inetd.conf as below: telnet stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd telnetd -b /etc/issue -n20 When i restart the service telnetd shows with only the -b option: ps -ef|grep telnetd|grep -v grep root 24397 1 0 10:42:35 pts/ta 0:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Tail command issue in Linux

Hello, When I am trying to use tail +13 filename.csv it is throwing an error. tail: cannot open `+13' for reading: No such file or directory and then prints last 10 lines of the file. (File is present on the path) But when i try tail -13 filename.csv it runs perfectly. Could I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitSenghani
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with using for loop as for in {2..6} in korn shell

Hi i have to cut columns 2 to 6 from a file and assign it to arrays , The following code works for ctcol in 2 3 4 5 6; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file) done how ever this does not work for ctcol in {2..6}; do set -A a$ctcol $(cut -d, -f $ctcol test_file)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)