Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Mailx command running successfully but no mails received. Post 302887446 by Sunayna on Friday 7th of February 2014 03:11:19 PM
Old 02-07-2014
Mailx command running successfully but no mails received.

Hi,

I am working on a HP-UX box. Mailx command running successfully but no mails received. Here is what I am doing

Code:
rocfm@comhp73 -   mailx -s "subject" abc@gmail.com < abc.txt
Null message body; hope that's ok
rocfm@comhp73 - echo $?
rocfm@comhp73 - echo "something" | mailx -v -s "subject" abc@gmail.com
mailx: illegal option -- v
usage: mailx [-FUm] [-s subject] [-r address] [-h number] address ...
       mailx -e
       mailx [-UHLiNn] [-u user]
       mailx -f [-UHLiNn] [filename]

Can any one please help, as to where I can check the problem. What configurations should I check.

Last edited by Corona688; 02-07-2014 at 04:32 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mails from unix server are not being received

Both A and B people has mail client to mail client interaction happily. 1) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are being received by A company people onto their mail client. So A company people are happy. 2) mails from A company unix server 'uuu' are not being received by B ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does Mailx store the mails sent

Hi, I use mailx in a shell script to mail a message to the users. i wanted to know if mailx stores the mail that it sends? for eg in microsoft outlook all mails sent get stored in the outbox. is there such a facility with mailx? if not how i can do this so that for every mail sent, a backup... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munira_johar
6 Replies

3. Debian

cannot send any mails using mailx

hi howto configure mailx ? kind regards ccc (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with mailx - Can execute but email not received

Hi, I tried running mailx command like this: sadm@bioinfo-z:~$ mailx foobar@gmail.com Subject: testgmail Some content. . EOT As you can see although it is successfuly executed. But still I can't receive email at my foobar@gmail.com account. What is the cause? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx is not working outside e-mails

HI i wrote schell script to send e-mail automatically. it works only e-mail for our company.say for example, company name is : abc, example: joe@abc.com every body is receiving with xxx@abc.com (abc.com) if any body from outside of our company like joe@xyz.com.(xyz.com) are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosurya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx- how to delete least of mails

Hi, when i run the mailx command it gives me the least of mails . suppose there are 1- 150 mails and i want to delete 30 to 145 mails . then what command i have to use here? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 mails from mailx command

hi, While using mailx command i am receiving 2 mails with the same content in both the mails.I am attaching a file to the mailx command. In one mail file is coming as attachement and in other attachment is not there. I am using mailx command in this way. echo "Some content" |mailx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Mail from mailx not received

Hi , I'm trying to send a mail from a sunOS machine that is within hp network to my email: eman.el-badawy@hp.com ,the user trying to send is 'project',,but seems the mail address can not be resolved checking /var/log/syslog i got the following: Dec 25 14:34:02 svddev15 sendmail: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eman_in_forum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AT00003.bin attachment is received from mailx command.

Hi Team, I am sending a mail from Linux box as shown below. cat sample.log | mailx -s "Testing" abc.com But instead of receiving the content of sample.log in the mail i got an attachment with name AT00001.bin. After looking into the contents of log file i found that there are some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)