Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A book for sysadmin
Operating Systems AIX A book for sysadmin Post 302887437 by Linusolaradm1 on Friday 7th of February 2014 01:48:17 PM
Old 02-07-2014
A book for sysadmin

Please i searching a book
which covering system administration of aix7 or 6
:lvm,virtualization,fs,etc
Ebook and amazon ok.
Do you know something good?
Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sysadmin Day.

We have Labour day, Secretary Day Etc. But there is another day upcoming, which is System Administrator Day. (System Administrator Appreciation Day Friday - July 26th, 2002) http://www.sysadminday.com/ " Nice to hear that all our hardworks are getting noticed " :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sysadmin LOGIN msgs for all users

Is there a way, as sysadmin, to put out system msgs, ie scheduled downtime, backup info, etc, whenever users log in? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Networking sysadmin/blocking/IM

What's the latest talk about instant messaging services in teh workplace, regarding blocking it, shutting off ports, etc? Is there a forum somewhere for this? Can't you shut down ports on linux or unix for IM services? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing Powerbroker Logs for SysAdmin Changes (SOX)

I need to identify a list of AIX command strings that can be used to parse Powerbroker logs for changes that are being made by Unix SysAdmins. Need to filter out (as much as possible) inquiry or routine maintenance activity and concentrate on software/security changes. This is for internal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bcouchtx
1 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sysadmin Day Meetup in NYC

Hi All, I just joined this forum, and I think its great! I wanted to let you know in honor of Systems Administrator Appreciation Day (which is next Friday, as you probably know), I'm organizing a meetup in New York City to celebrate. I've made a page with more information here: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MPSimmons
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Happy SysAdmin Appreciation Day!

A big Thank You to the admins of unix.com, for keeping the platform of a great community running smoothly and error-free. In case you don't know what I'm talking about: SysAdmin Appreciation Day (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
5 Replies

7. Solaris

[solved] Group sysadmin missing

Hello all I recently installed a fresh copy of Solaris. I noticed that /etc/passwd does not contain an entry for sysadmin Group #14. Why isnt it there? Other websites state that by default it should be there ! Help! Regards, Junaid ---------- Post updated at 01:04 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
AXIOM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  AXIOM(1)

NAME
axiom - A general purpose computer algebra system SYNOPSIS
axiom [-ht |-noht] whether to use HyperDoc [-gr |-nogr] whether to use Graphics [-clef |-noclef] whether to use Clef [-nag |-nonag] whether to use NAG [-iw |-noiw] start in interpreter window [-ihere|-noihere] start an interpreter buffer in the original window. [-nox] don't use X Windows [-go |-nogo] whether to start system [-ws wsname] use named workspace [-list] list workspaces only [-h] show usage By default, the command axiom would start the process sman -ws /usr/lib/axiom/axiom-20120501/mnt/linux/bin/AXIOMsys DESCRIPTION
axiom is a fomerly proprietary, newly open-source, interactive computer algebra program. Opensource axiom now has support for both graph- ics and the hyperdoc help system. Please refer to these facilities for detailed usage instructions. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. A good but slightly out of date source of documentation can be found in the book Axiom: The Scientific Computation System, by Richard D. Jenks and Robert S. Sutor available through amazon.com. A pdf version of this book is now included in the axiom-doc package. FILES
~/.axiom.input The personal Axiom initialization file, executed at startup SEE ALSO
Rosetta.dvi (to compare Axiom syntax with other math packages) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 20120501 February 5, 2005 AXIOM(1)