Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matched a pattern from multiple columns Post 302887422 by redse171 on Friday 7th of February 2014 11:57:30 AM
Old 02-07-2014
Hi vgersh99,

i tried your above codes, but the result is wrong. if possible, can you please explain to me the coding?
also, just for clarification, for the example that i gave earlier ($2 and $3), it means that i want to extract ID in condition where both columns has "M" at the same time. i might need to extract ID where $2 and $5 have "M" at the same time too. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word after a matched pattern

Hello, Actually i want to replace the word after a matched pattern. For Ex: lets say that i am reading a file line by line while read line do echo $line # i need to search whether a pattern exists in the file and replace the word after if the pattern exist. # for example :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print last matched pattern using perl

Hi, If there exist multiple pattern in a file, how can I find the last record matching the pattern through perl. The below script searches for the pattern everywhere in an input file. #! /usr/bin/perl -s -wnl BEGIN { $pattern or warn"Usage: $0 -pattern='RE' \n" and exit 255;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing lines around a matched pattern

I have an ugly conf file that has the string I'm interested in searching for in the middle of a block of code that's relevant, and I'm trying to find a way to remove that entire block based on the matched line. I've googled for this problem, and most people helping are only interested in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamale
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert certain field of matched pattern line above pattern

Hello every, I am stuck in a problem. I have file like this. I want to add the fifth field of the match pattern line above the lines starting with "# @D". The delimiter is "|" eg > # @D0.00016870300|0.05501020000|12876|12934|3||Qp||Pleistocene||"3 Qp Pleistocene"|Q # @P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How convert space separated list to matched columns?

Hi I have been racking my (limited) brains to get this to work without success I have a file output which is a list of lists - ie a single column of data that is separated by space into sub lists below - I need to both split this so that each list is in a separate column (eg tab or semicolon... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manchesterpaul
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together substrings if pattern is matched

What I would like to do is if the lines with % have the same name, then combine the last 9 letters of the string underneath the last occurrence of that ID with the first 9 letters of the string underneath the first occurrence of that ID. I have a file that looks like this: %GOGG... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files when pattern matched

I have two files say FILE1 and FILE2. FILE1 contains 80,000 filename in sorted order and another file FILE2 contains 6,000 filenames is also in sorted order. I want to compare the filename for each file and copy them in to a folder when filename is matched. File1.txt contain 80,000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
8 Replies
xlsfonts(1)						      General Commands Manual						       xlsfonts(1)

NAME
xlsfonts - server font list displayer for X SYNOPSIS
xlsfonts [-display host:dpy] [-l] [-ll] [-lll] [-m] [-C] [-1] [-w width] [-n columns] [-u] [-o] [-fn pattern] DESCRIPTION
xlsfonts lists the fonts that match the given pattern. The wildcard character "*" may be used to match any sequence of characters (includ- ing none), and "?" to match any single character. If no pattern is given, "*" is assumed. The "*" and "?" characters must be quoted to prevent them from being expanded by the shell. OPTIONS
-display host:dpy This option specifies the X server to contact. -d host:dpy Same as -display host:dpy. -l Lists some attributes of the font on one line in addition to its name. -ll Lists font properties in addition to -l output. -lll Lists character metrics in addition to -ll output. -m This option indicates that long listings should also print the minimum and maximum bounds of each font. -C This option indicates that listings should use multiple columns. This is the same as -n 0. -1 This option indicates that listings should use a single column. This is the same as -n 1. -w width This option specifies the width in characters that should be used in figuring out how many columns to print. The default is 79. -n columns This option specifies the number of columns to use in displaying the output. By default, it will attempt to fit as many columns of font names into the number of character specified by -w width. -u This option indicates that the output should be left unsorted. -o This option indicates that xlsfonts should do an OpenFont (and QueryFont, if appropriate) rather than a ListFonts. This is useful if ListFonts or ListFontsWithInfo fail to list a known font (as is the case with some scaled font systems). -fn pattern This option specifies the font name pattern to match. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xserver(1), xset(1), xfd(1), X Logical Font Description Conventions ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY DISPLAY must be set to get the default host and display to use. BUGS
Doing ``xlsfonts -l'' can tie up your server for a very long time. This is really a bug with single-threaded non-preemptable servers, not with this program. AUTHOR
Mark Lillibridge Jim Fulton Phil Karlton Roland Mainz X Version 11 xlsfonts 1.0.4 xlsfonts(1)