Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with multiple for loops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with multiple for loops Post 302887330 by Don Cragun on Thursday 6th of February 2014 09:49:58 PM
Old 02-06-2014
Note that a line of the form:
Code:
#!/pathname/of/interpreter

has absolutely no effect on a script unless it is the first line in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple for loops within a Menu?

I have program that I want to be able to use I guess you would call them functions.... to run muliple little programs or loops with one menu script. How would I do this. Here is some code I am using. Sorry about the formatting....it doesn't paste well. echo "*****************************... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple loops for Load test

Hi All, I am trying to write a bash script that will read a list of numbers from a file, then it needs to use netcat to create a socket connection and pass header/request. I need to limit it to 100 connections. So, after the first set of 100 are fineshed, I need to loop and do it again with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willdev
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting: using multiple 'for loops'??

Hey guys, I'm kinda a noob at scripting. I am trying to create a script that uses multiple for loops with the lsiutility to monitor disk health on a system. The script runs, but it will continually echo an infinite number of LogVolumes when there are only 2 per virtual disk on my server. It's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank126
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loops with multiple variables

Hi script gurus. I have need to know how to use for loop with multiple variable. Basically lets take for example /etc/passwd file has following entries The above cat command will basically first greps the real users that have email addresses then converts ':' to '+' then using cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple while loops in expect script

Hi, I am trying to incorporate multiple while loops into an expect script written in ksh shell. This is on a Solaris 10 system. Here is the code: #!/bin/ksh EXPECT=/usr/local/bin/expect exp_internal i=1 h=0 while ]; do $EXPECT << DONE set stty_init raw ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with multiple loops in shell script

Hi Guys- I'm trying to write a script which takes date as input (mm.yy.dd) and search in the current file. If pattern doesn't exist it will then look in a backup directory and so on. being a newb i'm unable to loop over to the backup directory. hoping for some ideas, i've highlighted the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While Loops Multiple File

Guru, I try to make a loop of 2 files, Input File1.txt: 1 2 File2.txt: A B C A, B and C is a file name, inside A X Y Z Expected Output A.1 X (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with multiple loops in reading files

I am trying to read a file line by line and then search that line in another file and get a particular column from the second file. I have written this code.but its not working properly #!/bin/sh while read keyword in duplicate.txt do echo $keyword while read line do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with for loops

Why wont my for statements work? Im trying to get this script to swich to a user an if you put in a start/stop/or restart paramater to do just that for each user. I commented out the actual start/stop actions to test it just by using echos and not do anything hasty in the environment but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LilyClaro
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)