Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with multiple for loops
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with multiple for loops Post 302887330 by Don Cragun on Thursday 6th of February 2014 09:49:58 PM
Old 02-06-2014
Note that a line of the form:
Code:
#!/pathname/of/interpreter

has absolutely no effect on a script unless it is the first line in the script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple for loops within a Menu?

I have program that I want to be able to use I guess you would call them functions.... to run muliple little programs or loops with one menu script. How would I do this. Here is some code I am using. Sorry about the formatting....it doesn't paste well. echo "*****************************... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple loops for Load test

Hi All, I am trying to write a bash script that will read a list of numbers from a file, then it needs to use netcat to create a socket connection and pass header/request. I need to limit it to 100 connections. So, after the first set of 100 are fineshed, I need to loop and do it again with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willdev
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash scripting: using multiple 'for loops'??

Hey guys, I'm kinda a noob at scripting. I am trying to create a script that uses multiple for loops with the lsiutility to monitor disk health on a system. The script runs, but it will continually echo an infinite number of LogVolumes when there are only 2 per virtual disk on my server. It's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank126
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loops with multiple variables

Hi script gurus. I have need to know how to use for loop with multiple variable. Basically lets take for example /etc/passwd file has following entries The above cat command will basically first greps the real users that have email addresses then converts ':' to '+' then using cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple while loops in expect script

Hi, I am trying to incorporate multiple while loops into an expect script written in ksh shell. This is on a Solaris 10 system. Here is the code: #!/bin/ksh EXPECT=/usr/local/bin/expect exp_internal i=1 h=0 while ]; do $EXPECT << DONE set stty_init raw ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cic
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with multiple loops in shell script

Hi Guys- I'm trying to write a script which takes date as input (mm.yy.dd) and search in the current file. If pattern doesn't exist it will then look in a backup directory and so on. being a newb i'm unable to loop over to the backup directory. hoping for some ideas, i've highlighted the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While Loops Multiple File

Guru, I try to make a loop of 2 files, Input File1.txt: 1 2 File2.txt: A B C A, B and C is a file name, inside A X Y Z Expected Output A.1 X (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with multiple loops in reading files

I am trying to read a file line by line and then search that line in another file and get a particular column from the second file. I have written this code.but its not working properly #!/bin/sh while read keyword in duplicate.txt do echo $keyword while read line do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with for loops

Why wont my for statements work? Im trying to get this script to swich to a user an if you put in a start/stop/or restart paramater to do just that for each user. I commented out the actual start/stop actions to test it just by using echos and not do anything hasty in the environment but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LilyClaro
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)