Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dot sourcing differences in ksh, AIX vs Linux vs Solaris Post 302887298 by vgersh99 on Thursday 6th of February 2014 05:09:57 PM
Old 02-06-2014
Are you sure your Linux' /bin/ksh is really a ksh and not a link to somewhere else?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

OpenBSD sh and ksh differences?

Hi, I am running OpenBSD 3.7, my first attempt with this OS. I noticed that both /bin/sh and /bin/ksh are both really the pdksh. Yet each has its own manpage. I was wondering what are the differences b/w the two programs on OpenBSD. I.e., has the team configured pdksh to function one way if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadarot
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major differences between AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux

Hi All, I want to know the OS level differences between AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux Apart from the vendor, H/w and command differences, any other significant points. regards, guru Charan (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script sourcing problem (ksh)

I have a script "abc.sh" in /tmp which has exit 0 as its last line when I run this script from /tmp/xyz/def.sh script as . ../abc.sh then the script executes but the control doesn't return to def.sh script for subsequent commands in def.sh but if I invoke the abc.sh from inside the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide to differences between Solaris and AIX

I've been more used to Solaris, but am now working on an IBM AIX box, P650 Certain commands like "top" are no longer available. Any ideas on where I can find help on this matter? Christopher Freville Alberquerque, NM (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solariums
6 Replies

5. Solaris

rootsh on Solaris 10 is not sourcing root's .profile

I'm attempting to setup rootsh on Solaris 10 to log the activity of users who require root access. However it does not appear to be sourcing root's .profile file even when run with the '-i' option. I was wondering if anybody else has run into this and might have a solution. Thank you. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungfusnwbrdr
9 Replies

6. AIX

Aix process CPU differences.

Hi, I'm trying to create a script to catch a process which is consuming high CPU which I have pretty much done but it's just finding the correct place to pull the current CPU for that process. When viewed in Topas it's consuming 99.*% cpu But if I try using ps avg or ps -eo pcpu ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script migration from Solaris to Linux.

We are migrating some scripts (ksh) from Solaris 10 to Linux 2.6.32. Can someone share list of changes i need to take care for this ? Have found few of them but i am looking for a exhaustive list. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating field differences using ksh

I have a list of files that should contain the following Im trying to find the items of interest that are missing from each file and create a csv. cat *.txt | while read file do grep 3500 file | tr '\012' ',' done My problem is this possible output one.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing Env file with eval works with ksh but not BASH

Hi, I am running this on Redhat 5.10 I have a simple test script called test.sh which has the following contents and it uses the BASH shebang. ------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash eval `/tmp/filereader.pl /tmp/envfile.txt` echo "TESTPATH=$TESTPATH" ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
28 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh / AIX - Differences between lists to a text file

This seems pretty simple, but I cant figure it out. I get stumped on the simple things. I am running two commands 1) take a listing a directory of files, and filter out the doc_name (which is in a series of extracted files), and place it in a file. ls -l | awk '{print $9}' | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)