Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to execute Oracle relocation command in shell script Post 302887186 by Vishal_dba on Thursday 6th of February 2014 08:22:59 AM
Old 02-06-2014
Need to execute Oracle relocation command in shell script

Hello,

I need to execute below command in shell script

Code:
srvctl relocate service -d $database -s $service -i $avail  -t $pref -f

and also need to get the errors ,if any,in another file.

What's the right way to execute such commands in shell script?

Best regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to execute user command

I don't know why the following shell script doesn't work. Could you please help me out? #!/usr/bin/ksh test="cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1" $test I know it will work for the following format: #!/usr/bin/ksh cal > /tmp/tmp.txt 2>&1 However, I need to get the command from the user in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redtiger
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a shell script to execute a command

Hello all, I have just started doing shell scripting. I want to read a file which stores the status of my job I have submitted on a cluster. The file looks something like this : ========================FILE============================= crab: Checking the status of all jobs: please wait... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn_linux
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script after a particular command is run

Hi, I need to run a script whenever the Cron file is modified. The requirement is whenever a user modifies the cron file, the script should run automatically. Can you please provide your inputs ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harneet2004us
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script from Oracle procedure

Hi Gurus, Want to execute a shell script from a oracle procedure and get the status of the same, any assistance in this regard will be appreciated. proc_data.sh is script name which I want to execute from oracle procedure It should work something like below procedure test begin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palanisvr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute command after telneting in shell script?

Hi , I have to write a shell script to telnet to specific host and execute the admin command there. Please help me to do that. Eg : telnet hostname portno admin command exit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arukuku
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Oracle gather stats via shell script

Hi , I am trying to automate a gather stats in shell script #!/usr/bin/ksh export ORACLE_HOME=/orcl/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.1/db_1 export PATH="$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32" export TNS_ADMIN=/opt/netprobe/config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neil.k
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application command in shell script?

friends, i have application commands to execute in shell script it is something like this. i will login with user data it takes me to $ prompt. Example given below login: data ps : xxxx $ MNSinput --this takes me to greater than prompt > > ops --this is command i enter this output... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: udaykrishna
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to execute Oracle procedure and trigerring email on success and failure

Here is the shell script which need to trigger a stored procedure and when the record count is 0 then it should capture in the log that 0 duplicate records are found and if it's more than 0 then log with no of records. Also if there is any sqlerror then it should write the same in the log file and... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmng
17 Replies
SETUID(1)						      General Commands Manual							 SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)