Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find command don't output anything, but file is there Post 302887149 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 6th of February 2014 02:21:01 AM
Old 02-06-2014
Because the file /home/vps/190/test was only just created and not two days old like mtime specifies.
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of find command

Hi, I am confused about the output of find command. Please see the two find commands below. When i put "*.c" i get lots of files. But when i put *c only i get only one file. Any answer?? $ find . -name "*c" ./clarify/cheval/hp_server/rulemanager/rulemansvc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Output Of FIND command in dos to Excel File.

Hi I want to export DOS output of find command in Excel. However I want information to be in different column and not in same. I am using this command set /p String_to_search='Enter String to search !' set /p File_to_search='Enter File to search !' findstr /N "%String_to_search%"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find zero byte file but don't need path

Just i want to ask How to search and display name of zero byte file I have used find command but it is showing complete file path Thanks find . -size 0 giving me zero byte file with location 1)/home/user/a (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Don't find file from foxbase 2.1.2d

Hi there, finally i'm installed Sco Foxbase 2.1.2d over my Sco Open Server 5.0.7v server. Well at this point almost is working fine, but, when i Run mi application i receive the next error: "sh: the_name_of_file": does not exist". I checked it over the Hard Disk and the file exist, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Passing the Output of grep to sed command - to find and replace a string in a file.

I have a file example.txt as follows :SomeTextGoesHere $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818I need to automatically update the date (20140818) in the above file, by getting the new date as argument, using a shell script. (It would even be better if I could pass... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better Align--output of find command

Hi, i have sh program which search for a file in a folder structure and provides its path. This is just used to see if that file exits more that once anywhere down the folder structure. I have used find command to search & printing it output on terminal. I have attached screen shot of it.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar198
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Don't have tree, need advise to differentiate dir from file from this alternative that uses find

Hi, I don't have tree on the Solaris server and our SA don't want to install it. I found this example from One Line Linux Command to Print Out Directory Tree Listing | systemBash that more or less does what I am mainly looking for. Example run is as below: $: find ./ | sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I redirect output from "find", either to a file or another command?

I'm trying to find out what happened to the rogue game that apt-get told me it installed, so I thought I would find the file. I went to the root and entered: find -name "rog*.*" I get a large number of lines saying my access is denied in various directories. I figure I'll practice my Unix... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghvark
14 Replies
App::Prove::State::Result::Test(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      App::Prove::State::Result::Test(3pm)

NAME
App::Prove::State::Result::Test - Individual test results. VERSION
Version 3.25 DESCRIPTION
The "prove" command supports a "--state" option that instructs it to store persistent state across runs. This module encapsulates the results for a single test. SYNOPSIS
# Re-run failed tests $ prove --state=fail,save -rbv METHODS
Class Methods "new" Instance Methods "name" The name of the test. Usually a filename. "elapsed" The total elapsed times the test took to run, in seconds from the epoch.. "generation" The number for the "generation" of the test run. The first generation is 1 (one) and subsequent generations are 2, 3, etc. "last_pass_time" The last time the test program passed, in seconds from the epoch. Returns "undef" if the program has never passed. "last_fail_time" The last time the test suite failed, in seconds from the epoch. Returns "undef" if the program has never failed. "mtime" Returns the mtime of the test, in seconds from the epoch. "raw" Returns a hashref of raw test data, suitable for serialization by YAML. "result" Currently, whether or not the test suite passed with no 'problems' (such as TODO passed). "run_time" The total time it took for the test to run, in seconds. If "Time::HiRes" is available, it will have finer granularity. "num_todo" The number of tests with TODO directives. "sequence" The order in which this test was run for the given test suite result. "total_passes" The number of times the test has passed. "total_failures" The number of times the test has failed. "parser" The underlying parser object. This is useful if you need the full information for the test program. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 App::Prove::State::Result::Test(3pm)