Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading file and exclude in ksh Post 302887139 by PikK45 on Thursday 6th of February 2014 01:07:14 AM
Old 02-06-2014
ls /directory > all_files.txt
grep -vf no_delete.txt all_files.txt
execute the above to check
grep -vf no_delete.txt all_files.txt | xargs rm -f
execute the above to remove

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading an input file in KSH

First I' d like to say you guys are awesome. :) I have a word document that I cut and paste into Textpad and it removed all the fancy formatting which is fine with me. I WinScp'd it to the box and and called it inputfile.txt. Opened it in vi and don't see any special characters or stuff that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading lines in pairs from file in ksh

I need to read pairs of lines from a file and compare them. We can assume that the number of lines in the file is even. Can i do it in korn shell? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ytokar
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Storing Multiple Files and reading each line in each file.

How would I go about storing multiple file paths in a directory that begin like: 20080402* and run a loop that reads each line of each file thats in a given directory. So far this is what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo "ENTER Reprint Date (YYYYMMDD): " read ReprintDate echo ""... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: developncode
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from file in ksh

hi, it seems i can read using cat file | while read line but when i tried reading using while read line < myfile then the last line kept on being returned why? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Reading a file line by line into multiple arrays

Hi - I have a file that contains data in this format:- #comment value1 value2 value3 #comment value4 value5 value6 value7 #comment value8 value9 I need to read value1, value2 and value3 into one array, value4 value5 value6 and value7 into another array and value8 and value9 into a 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem reading into Variable using KSH

hi all, i create 1 file.txt and inside it contain : file1 file2 file3 file 4 then output that i want in my script: $1=file1 $2=file2 $3=file3 $4=file4 but,when write in ksh script with: while read folder set - $( echo ${folder} ) i=1 while (($i <= $#)) do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading value of concatenation with ksh

hello all, I am trying to read the value of a concatenation, the following code is displaying $word1 $word2 I want to display village home Thanks for (( i=1; i<=2; i++ )) do word1='village' word2='home' con="$"word"$i" echo $con done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wydadi
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the contents of the file and splitting using ksh

We're using a ksh script for installing one product. I've another config file, I'd need to read this configuration file from my main script Content of the Configuration file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittu129
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)