Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Maximum size of attachment in mail Post 302887113 by DGPickett on Wednesday 5th of February 2014 05:19:14 PM
Old 02-05-2014
zip it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum size of sed file...

The sed -f option (reading sed commands from a file) seems to have a limit of 200 transactions per file. I can't see anything in the man pages about this restriction. I have a file with several thousand sed commands I need to perform (substitutions) - and while I can split the file into... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
14 Replies

2. Programming

Maximum File Size

Hi, When i checked for the maximum file size on solaris 5.9 the max file size obtained was only 2147483647 and all the further writes to the file which had reached that max size is not added to that file. even i had registered the signal SIGXFSZ, but the signal was not delivered to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Mailx Maximum attachment size

Hi friends, what is the maximum allowable attachment size, we can send using mailx command. what is an alternate option if my file is > than that size? thanks sreeji (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithau
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum size of a file in unix

What's the maximum file size supported by unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

maximum tar file size?

Is there a reasonable maximum limit for tar file sizes? I want to transfer a pile of files from one server to another but have restricted means, so tarring them first will probably be best... but how big can I go - both for the file format itself and for the operating system (linux) to handle? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx commannd - Mail and Attachment in same mail

Hi , I am using mailx command for sending the mails. Rightnow I am sending the attachment (by using uuencode $filename) as a seperate mail.I wanna send the attachment also with the same mail. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum file size ????

Hi All, - block size of 512KB & every address requires 4 bits - The inode structure contains 10 direct pointers, 1 single indirect, 1 double indirect & 1 triple indirect pointer What could be the possible maximum file size for this system Any guess? I am unable to understand the question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send html file in a mail not as an attachment but it should display in the mail in table for

Hi The below script working when we are sending the html as attachment can u please guide how to send thesmae data in table form direct in the mail and not in mail attachment . cat Employee.sql SET VERIFY OFF SET PAGESIZE 200 SET MARKUP HTML ON SPOOL ON PREFORMAT OFF ENTMAP ON - HEAD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mani_isha
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to identify maximum stack size?

Hi All, I have set max stack size as 4KB for my thread, but it always using very less. So I like to know what is the maximum stack size is used by my thread. I tried with gcc -fstack-usage command line option, but its not supported by mips. Kindly suggest me the way to find the max stack... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
6 Replies

10. Programming

Maximum buffer size for read()

Hi friends, Hope everybody is fine. First have a look at my code, then we will talk about it. $ cat copy.c #include <stdio.h> #define PERMS 0644 /* RW for owner, R for group, others */ #define BUFSIZE 1 char *progname; int main(int argc,char * argv) { int f1, f2, n; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipsplit - split a zipfile into smaller zipfiles SYNOPSIS
zipsplit [-t] [-i] [-p] [-s] [-n size] [-r room] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to split. OPTIONS
-t Report how many files it will take, but don't make them. -i Make index (zipsplit.idx) and count its size against first zip file. -n size Make zip files no larger than "size" (default = 36000). -r room Leave room for "room" bytes on the first disk (default = 0). -b path Use path for the output zip files. -p Pause between output zip files. -s Do a sequential split even if it takes more zip files. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipsplit reads a zipfile and splits it into smaller zipfiles. EXAMPLES
To be filled in. BUGS
Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)