Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Script not working if crontab scheduled Post 302887111 by sea on Wednesday 5th of February 2014 05:05:36 PM
Old 02-05-2014
If the script shown is executed by cron, be sure to use full path to applications inside the script..
Eg: /usr/bin/sudo, /usr/bin/sed, just like you had done for psql using the $dir_nnm_psg..
For egrep i'd alias it like:
Code:
alias egrep="/usr/bin/grep -e"

Hth

EDIT:
Also, if you need to enter the password for sudo, it wont work at all, as there is no "input box" or 'terminal' shown to the user, never (afaik).
Further, sudo executes the command as root, so why not execute the script as root directly in the first place?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing a script scheduled in crontab

Hi I have written a shell script(in Solaris) in which following logic is there..... i=1 while read control do key=`echo $control | awk -F$DELIMITOR '{ print $1 }'` echo "Key Values" ${key} i=`/usr/bin/expr $i + 1` done < $CONFPATH/$CONFFILE when i execute it at prompt it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab scheduled details required

Hi, I have the below job scheduled in crontab. Can you please tell me at what interval this job is scheduled? Where is the name of the job defined here? I will definitely go through the UNIX documentation a little later, for the time being, please provide me few details on this. Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in crontab

Hi I have created a script. Which i have configured in cron to make it run in every 2 min. But script is not running. If I checl the cron log at /var/cron/log .it shows its running in every 2 min. Below is the command which i configured in crontab. But I am not able to find the way so that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash12345
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash1234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduled job not running automatically in crontab

i have a job scheduled in crontab. The problem is, it is not running automatically as per the time scheduled. But runs when executed manually. What would be the problem? Help me with this please. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santhosh CJ
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file is not updating when I run shell scripts scheduled thru crontab

Hi Forum, Good Day! I have created an empty html file wtih permissoin 777 created shell script(with permission 777) , code is below. #=======================start============== . /data09/oracle/apps_st/appl/D_oraapp095.env rm -rf /home/mnp/Test_log.txt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartheekbk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script gives error when scheduled in crontab

i have written one script which is working fine when i run it manually but giving error when i schedule it in crontab. cat SUMMARY.sh #!/bin/bash DT1=`date +%Y%m%d` echo "Off PP TT" >>summary_$DT1.txt cat ues1.txt_$DT1 >>summary_$DT1.txt cat ues2.txt_$DT1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script when scheduled in Crontab gives extra records in output

Hi, We have created a script that's checks the latency of IIDR subscription by fetching details from a config file (that contains subscription details) and running the CHCCLP command. The out put is then concatenated in a csv file. Once all subscription details are saved the script send a mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab095
7 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)