Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server Post 302887077 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of February 2014 01:20:51 PM
Old 02-05-2014
First, that will break because ssh will read from standard input and 'eat' the entire file the first loop. You need ssh -n to prevent it reading from standard input.

Oddly, it may end up working anyway, because after 'eating' the file, it would try and run the commands given in it, that being why it reads from standard input.

So: Why bother ssh-ing 99 times to run 99 commands? Why not use that feature?

Also: Why -t?

Code:
ssh username@host exec /bin/sh -s  < list-of-commands

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree directory structure of Unix to get final node path

Hi, I want to list all the last directories from mentioned base path. for eg: If i have a base path say /base/base1/ How can i get the path till last node in tree like directory structure of unix by applying any command. so that i will get following output. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
7 Replies

2. Red Hat

Node size

Hi, Does the output of the command numactl --hardware available: 1 nodes (0-0) node 0 cpus: 0 1 node 0 size: 8155 MB node 0 free: 3231 MB No distance information available. where, node 0 size: 8155MB mean that the local memory associated with node 0 is 8155MB? Can anyone guide me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartbreakkid
0 Replies

3. SuSE

Node size

Hi, Does the output of the command numactl --hardware available: 1 nodes (0-0) node 0 cpus: 0 1 node 0 size: 8155 MB node 0 free: 3231 MB No distance information available. where, node 0 size: 8155MB mean that the local memory associated with node 0 is 8155MB? Can anyone guide me... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Linux

Accessing node size

Hi, Does the output of the command numactl --hardware available: 1 nodes (0-0) node 0 cpus: 0 1 node 0 size: 8155 MB node 0 free: 3231 MB No distance information available. where, node 0 size: 8155MB mean that the local memory associated with node 0 is 8155MB? Can anyone guide me... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I-node and sessions

I have a program (written by me, for educational purposes) called "analyzer". The program takes a parameter, a filename, and does some statistics on it (for example, word's number, line's number, ... ) at regular intervals. My teacher told me that if the file is edited while the "analyzer" is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane
4 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using Node-RED and MQTT to Monitor Server and Application Stats

After setting up MQTT and testing some ESP8266 and ESP32 modules, where I noted that testing in Programming ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages, I was so impressed with MQTT that I installed MQTT on three different computers, instantly and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

9. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
RBTREE(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 RBTREE(3)

NAME
rbtree -- red-black tree LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/rbtree.h> void rb_tree_init(rb_tree_t *rbt, const rb_tree_ops_t *ops); void * rb_tree_insert_node(rb_tree_t *rbt, void *rb); void rb_tree_remove_node(rb_tree_t *rbt, void *rb); void * rb_tree_find_node(rb_tree_t *rbt, const void *key); void * rb_tree_find_node_geq(rb_tree_t *rbt, const void *key); void * rb_tree_find_node_leq(rb_tree_t *rbt, const void *key); void * rb_tree_iterate(rb_tree_t *rbt, void *rb, const unsigned int direction); DESCRIPTION
rbtree provides red-black trees. A red-black tree is a binary search tree with the node color as an extra attribute. It fulfills a set of conditions: 1. Every search path from the root to a leaf consists of the same number of black nodes. 2. Each red node (except for the root) has a black parent. 3. Each leaf node is black. Every operation on a red-black tree is bounded as O(lg n). The maximum height of a red-black tree is 2lg (n+1). TYPES
rb_tree_t A red-black tree. typedef signed int (*const rbto_compare_nodes_fn)(void *context, const void *node1, const void *node2); The node-comparison operator. Defines an ordering on nodes. Returns a negative value if the first node node1 precedes the second node node2. Returns a positive value if the first node node1 follows the second node node2. Returns 0 if the first node node1 and the second node node2 are identical according to the ordering. typedef signed int (*const rbto_compare_key_fn)(void *context, const void *node, const void *key); The node-key comparison operator. Defines the order of nodes and keys. Returns a negative value if the node node precedes the key key. Returns a positive value if the node node follows the key key. Returns 0 if the node node is identical to the key key accord- ing to the ordering. rb_tree_ops_t Defines the operator for comparing two nodes in the same tree, the operator for comparing a node in the tree with a key, the offset of member rb_node_t within a node, and the opaque context passed to the operators. Members of rb_tree_ops_t are rbto_compare_nodes_fn rbto_compare_nodes; rbto_compare_key_fn rbto_compare_key; size_t rbto_node_offset; void *rbto_context; rb_node_t A node in a red-black tree has this structure as a member. FUNCTIONS
rb_tree_init(rbt, ops) Initialize the red-black tree rbt. Let the comparison operators given by ops define the order of nodes in the tree for the purposes of insertion, search, and iteration. rb_tree_init() always succeeds. rb_tree_insert_node(rbt, rb) Insert the node rb into the tree rbt. Return inserted node on success, already existing node on failure. rb_tree_remove_node(rbt, rb) Remove the node rb from the tree rbt. rb_tree_find_node(rbt, key) Search the tree rbt for a node exactly matching key. If no such node is in the tree, return NULL. Otherwise, return the matching node. rb_tree_find_node_geq(rbt, key) Search the tree rbt for a node that exactly matches key and return it. If no such node is present, return the first node following key or, if no such node is in the tree, return NULL. rb_tree_find_node_leq(rbt, key) Search the tree rbt for a node that exactly matches key and return it. If no such node is present, return the first node preceding key or, if no such node is in the tree, return NULL. rb_tree_iterate(rbt, rb, direction) If direction is RB_DIR_LEFT, return the node in the tree rbt immediately preceding the node rb or, if rb is NULL, return the last node in rbt or, if the tree is empty, return NULL. If direction is RB_DIR_RIGHT, return the node in the tree rbt immediately following the node rb or, if rb is NULL, return the first node in rbt or, if the tree is empty, return NULL. CODE REFERENCES
The rbtree interface is implemented in common/lib/libc/gen/rb.c. SEE ALSO
queue(3), tree(3) HISTORY
The rbtree interface first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Matt Thomas <matt@NetBSD.org> wrote rbtree. Niels Provos <provos@citi.umich.edu> wrote the tree(3) manual page. Portions of this page derive from that page. BSD
August 19, 2012 BSD