Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Is ccrypt AES 256 bit crypto secure enough? Post 302887059 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of February 2014 11:37:15 AM
Old 02-05-2014
It's secure enough for some governments, so I'd say so.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encrypting file system using AES 256 bit

Experts, I am trying to encrypt my filesystem using the AES 256 bit type of encryption. I am using FreeBSD 5.4 and need to encrypt one of the mounted points. Does anybody have any good idea of how to do it? Is there any documentation about encrypting the disk partition as this method is more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

2. Programming

AES encryption

Hi, Any body can please point me to source code for implementing AES encryption in CTR mode i.e RFC 3686 (AES-CTR).I did googling but no good results. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

3. Programming

JAVA AES keylength exception

I am developing a JAVA application that must encrypt its data. On my development machine, I can use a 256 bit key with no problem. A test machine throws an exception complaining about an illegal key length. The test machine is using JRE 1.6u21. Does anyone know where I can get a version of the JRE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed with special characters produced from crypto

Hey there, I'm facing some weird issues with sed when trying to do substitution in a text file with the content of some environment variables. Those variables are used to store crypted (3DES) info with much special characters and that's where the problem starts. I've already tried to use both... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jormun
7 Replies

5. Programming

Publish and Subscribe to AES-256 Encrypted MQTT Messages to Node-RED from PHP Scripts

Various Node-Red crypto modules do not work with PHP, so to send an encrypted message from a PHP script (in this case from a Ubuntu server) to Node-RED we need our own code. After a few hours of searching, testing various libs, more testing and debugging, I got this PHP to Node-RED code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
UNIQID(3)								 1								 UNIQID(3)

uniqid - Generate a unique ID

SYNOPSIS
string uniqid ([string $prefix = ""], [bool $more_entropy = false]) DESCRIPTION
Gets a prefixed unique identifier based on the current time in microseconds. Warning This function does not create random nor unpredictable strings. This function must not be used for security purposes. Use a cryp- tographically secure random function/generator and cryptographically secure hash functions to create unpredictable secure IDs. PARAMETERS
o $prefix - Can be useful, for instance, if you generate identifiers simultaneously on several hosts that might happen to generate the iden- tifier at the same microsecond. With an empty $prefix, the returned string will be 13 characters long. If $more_entropy is TRUE, it will be 23 characters. o $more_entropy - If set to TRUE, uniqid(3) will add additional entropy (using the combined linear congruential generator) at the end of the return value, which increases the likelihood that the result will be unique. RETURN VALUES
Returns the unique identifier, as a string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 uniqid(3) Example <?php /* A uniqid, like: 4b3403665fea6 */ printf("uniqid(): %s ", uniqid()); /* We can also prefix the uniqid, this the same as * doing: * * $uniqid = $prefix . uniqid(); * $uniqid = uniqid($prefix); */ printf("uniqid('php_'): %s ", uniqid('php_')); /* We can also activate the more_entropy parameter, which is * required on some systems, like Cygwin. This makes uniqid() * produce a value like: 4b340550242239.64159797 */ printf("uniqid('', true): %s ", uniqid('', true)); ?> NOTES
Caution This function does not generate cryptographically secure tokens, in fact without being passed any additional parameters the return value is little different from microtime(3). If you need to generate cryptographically secure tokens use openssl_ran- dom_pseudo_bytes(3). Note Under Cygwin, the $more_entropy must be set to TRUE for this function to work. PHP Documentation Group UNIQID(3)