Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call a function in shell script from another shell script Post 302886972 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 05:05:37 PM
Old 02-04-2014
You never actually call the RunDT function, so the variable is never set.

Also, there is a typo, $Rundt vs $RunDt.

Code:
. ./myscript.sh

RunDate

echo $Rundt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script

i want to call a oracle function in my shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call a function in shell script

i have a function written in one shell script and i want to call that function in another shell script and use the value returned by that script. can any one suggest me how can i do that? regards, Rajesh.P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh.P
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to call another function

Here is the following code : 1. # gcc -c test firstprog.c the above command will generate a executable file called "test " in which ever directory it is run. Assuming It will also return a value. 2. In the below SCRIPT . test is a file generated by compiling a c program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vabiosis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation fault in function call, shell script

I am getting Segmentation fault at below function call in my script: get_x() { sqlplus -s / <<end | grep KEEP | sed 's/KEEP//;s///g' select 'KEEP' ,table_name from all_synonyms where upper(synonym_name)= '$1'; exit end x=$(get_x $1) echo " SQL OUTPUT IS :: $x" } I am getting output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IB_88
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

9. Programming

Writing a UNIX shell script to call a C function and redirecting data to a .txt file

Hi, I am complete new to C programming and shell scripting. I just wrote a simple C code to calculate integral using trapezoid rule. I am prompting user to pass me No. of equally spaced points , N , upper and lower limit. My code looks as follows so far: #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhjh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange function call in the shell script parse_prog_args $@

I am converting shell script to Perl. In shell I have a code parse_prog_args() { if then while do case $1 in -P* | -p* ) export PROCESS_DATE=$2 export MM=`echo $2 | cut -c5-6` export DD=`echo $2 | cut -c7-8` export YY=`echo $2 | cut -c3-4` export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)