Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Partial content greping into a 3rd file Post 302886957 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 03:21:25 PM
Old 02-04-2014
Another solution using awk:

Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{A[NR]=$0;next}
$1 in A{print substr(FILENAME,3,3) substr(FILENAME,10,3),A[$1],$3}' OFS='\t' file1.txt B_A17_A17_1T.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping date in a file

i have a script that checks inside the file and find the start date and end date with time........... #!/bin/ksh cd /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/logs TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ;b=`date +%Y-%m-%d` echo $b for i in DBMaint.log do echo "Start Time:" >> /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/naveed/Report.txt cat $i | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in greping the string from file using awk

I am using awk command for greping an value from the file the file contains .. file ---------------------------- content----------- -------- String main = "81507066666"; ------------------------------ i am greping the above value using awk command NumberToReplace=`cat "file" | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastare
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping columns data from file.

Hi i am using shell script which perform oracle database query and after that output is redirect to some temporary file. the output of this file looks like SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Tue Aug 5 16:08:06 2008 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: esungoe
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Print partial line/partial field

Hello, this is probably a simple request but I've been toying with it for a while. I have a large list of devices and commands that were run with a script, now I have lines such as: a-router-hostname-C#show ver I want to print everything up to (and excluding) the # and everything after it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with greping two line from a file Pls help ASAP

Hi all - I''m in a little bit of jam - If you can please help I have a file that has the following content ( please see below) I need to read the file and then get this result in this format ------------- To put out in this format name: sophis Total: 22328 name: tca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping values from a text file

Hi All, I have 100's of files in the following format. I need to grep or parse out some values from each of the files {  “tree”: “((A:0.2{0},B:0.09{1}):0.7{2},C:0.5{3}){​4};”,  “placements”:  , ], “n”: },   {“p”: ], “n”: } ],  “metadata”:  {“invocation”:   “pplacer -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping frequency for list of phrases is a separate file

Dear All I have a big set of data which I would like to summerize to have a better sense of it the problem is like this ... I have more than 200 files each related to a person which includes different sentences with specific elements (files in a directory) e.g. mark (one file in the directory)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing partial content of a file.

Hi All, Please help me in the below issue.I had a file called env.prop.In that i need to change service.url.If i select chocie 2. it should come as https://dev2.ecif.info53.com:30102/soap/default 30102 port is not fixed .It varies when the file is updated.So i want to keep orginal port in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove exisiting file content from a file and have to append new file content?

hi all, i had the below script x=`cat input.txt |wc -1` awk 'NR>1 && NR<'$x' ' input.txt > output.txt by using above script i am able to remove the head and tail part from the input file and able to append the output to the output.txt but if i run it for second time the output is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to update file with partial matching line in another file and append text

In the awk below I am trying to cp and paste each matching line in f2 to $3 in f1 if $2 of f1 is in the line in f2 somewhere. There will always be a match (usually more then 1) and my actual data is much larger (several hundreds of lines) in both f1 and f2. When the line in f2 is pasted to $3 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)