Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checksum Comparison and listing out the differences Post 302886948 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 02:01:42 PM
Old 02-04-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekamjot
Hi Don,

Thanks that worked like a charm.

I have developed my script. Now i need to format it to give a profeessional look as this needs to be presented to the client. Could you please hlep me in this.

Below is the script
... ... ...
No. This forum is intended to help you learn how to use the tools available on Linux and UNIX Systems so you can effectively use these wonderful platforms. We are not here to do your job for you.

On the other hand, if you like the code I write and would like to hire me to turn sample code into something that could be used in a production environment, send me private mail giving details of what job you want me to do for you and how much you will pay me to do the job.
These 4 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum question

in HPUX: I am copying oracle datafiles from one mountpoint to another the total size is about 250Gb. I wanted to perform a checksum on the target and make sure the files came overy properly. Mountpoints: /s01 to /u01 /s02 to /u02 I tried using "SUM" on these mountpoints but its taking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

4. Solaris

checksum

Anyone can tell me the different between "cksum" and "sum" command on Solaris? I read the man pages but still not get it. And how to display the md5 checksum for a file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redstone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum+SFTP

Hi ALL, I use solaris OS and SFTP to get/put files from remote server.I use the below command , sftp user@host<<EOF cd "dir" get --checksum "filename" EOF I am getting a strange error as " get --checksum INVALID paramter". It has been working succesfully since last 3 years but all of a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
1 Replies

7. Solaris

md5 checksum what does it do

Hello good people, I came across md5 checksum. Can anyone please explain to me what it does and if possible an example of how to use it? Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get checksum of itself

is there a way to get a script to do a checksum on itself? something like this: #!/bin/sh myexpectedsig=$(cksum $0 | awk '{print $1}') if ; then exit else who uptime date fi im looking for something that would always represent the running script, which is why im... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)