Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Windows exe file fails when triggered from ssh Post 302886933 by Corona688 on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 10:41:50 AM
Old 02-04-2014
It may be an issue with your PATH.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple instances of windows exe from unix

Hi, I have a requirement to run multiple instances of an .exe file present in windows server from unix machine. The number of threads to be invoked is determined dynamically based on a variable field. We will be passing some parameters to windows .exe file for each instance. I am a unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip command fails in ssh

I'm trying to run a set of commands on a remote machine using ssh in a shell script. One of the commands is unzip. But when the execution reaches this command, the script fails with an error that unzip is not found. Below is the code and the error snippet. sourceDir=$1 ; filename=$3 ; destDir=$2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farahzaiba
4 Replies

4. Programming

how can I get to know what threads run within process java.exe on windows

I am writing java application on windows. There are more than 100 threads run within java.exe. I want to know what threads run within process java.exe so that I can find out if there are abnormal java threads. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mika
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with expect when ssh fails

I'm trying to write a script using expect. I'd like the script to execute several commands when the ssh succeeds and i want it to exit if the ssh fails. Does this require to define a time out for the ssh command so that if the prompt is back before this defined time the next commands are executed??... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hossam_Nox
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Even Driven (File triggered) shell script

Hi All I am not an expert at shell programming. But in the process of learning. But I have a requirement it goes as follows : Requirement 1: I have a series of files that keep comming on a unix folder every hour. The files names are different. As soon as a file arrives in this folder I will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivi_xinu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh fails for one of two users on the same server.

I have two users on dest_host server viz wlsadm & wasadm. From src_host server with root user I m able to passwordless login to wlsadm@dest_host however, the same fails for wasadm@dest_host Below is the debug for both first the working ssh and then the non-working ssh. Works: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cant get responsive terminal when I ssh from Windows to Linux using putty.exe

I ssh from Windows to Linux server and execute a few commands. I have ssh keys setup between them and works fine. The commands get executed on the Linux server however I wish to stay on the Linux terminal that was opened by putty.exe. However, the terminal simply does the job and closes. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
GSETTINGS(1)							   User Commands						      GSETTINGS(1)

NAME
gsettings - GSettings configuration tool SYNOPSIS
gsettings get SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings monitor SCHEMA [:PATH] [KEY] gsettings writable SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings range SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings set SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY VALUE gsettings reset SCHEMA [:PATH] KEY gsettings reset-recursively SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-schemas gsettings list-relocatable-schemas gsettings list-keys SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-children SCHEMA [:PATH] gsettings list-recursively [SCHEMA [:PATH]] gsettings help [COMMAND] DESCRIPTION
gsettings offers a simple commandline interface to GSettings. It lets you get, set or monitor an individual key for changes. The SCHEMA and KEY arguments are required for most commands to specify the schema id and the name of the key to operate on. The schema id may optionally have a :PATH suffix. Specifying the path is only needed if the schema does not have a fixed path. When setting a key, you also need specify a VALUE The format for the value is that of a serialized GVariant, so e.g. a string must include explicit quotes: "'foo'". This format is also used when printing out values. COMMANDS
get Gets the value of KEY. The value is printed out as a serialised GVariant. monitor Monitors KEY for changes and prints the changed values. If no KEY is specified, all keys in the schema are monitored. Monitoring will continue until the process is terminated. writable Finds out whether KEY is writable. range Queries the range of valid values for KEY. set Sets the value of KEY to VALUE. The value is specified as a serialised GVariant. reset Resets KEY to its default value. reset-recursively Reset all keys under the given SCHEMA. list-schemas Lists the installed, non-relocatable schemas. See list-relocatable-schemas if you are interested in relocatable schemas. list-relocatable-schemas Lists the installed, relocatable schemas. See list-schemas if you are interested in non-relocatable schemas. list-keys Lists the keys in SCHEMA. list-children Lists the children of SCHEMA. list-recursively Lists keys and values, recursively. If no SCHEMA is given, list keys in all schemas. help Prints help and exits. GIO
GSETTINGS(1)