Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Relink without recompiling
Operating Systems AIX Relink without recompiling Post 302886874 by geodimo on Tuesday 4th of February 2014 05:50:11 AM
Old 02-04-2014
Relink without recompiling

Hello,

There is a need to link a new dynamic library to a big number of exes.
Unfortunately, I cannot recompile/link all these exes against the new library.

Is there any way to link an existing executable with the new library?
(everything has been compiled using the xlc tool)

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

overriding function calls without recompiling

i want to replace the *alloc and free function calls in an existing project with my own functions, to be able to log the adresses etc in a text file. (memoryleak debugging) I think LD_PRELOAD is what i am looking for. That way i could create a Library with my own malloc functions and link them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
1 Replies

2. AIX

Compilation of gettext produces relink errors

Hi, I'm in the process of compiling gnu gettext on a rs/6000 43p-260 running AIX 5.1 in 64bit-mode. The compilation itself runs fine as I understand it, however the installation itself fails like so: I'm pretty much clueless about this relink stuff, so if anyone has suggestions, I'll try... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: töfte
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Relink a binary

Hi, under Unix AIX 5 3 , when launching a binary called adworker (ORACLE BINARY) I have this message : Could not load program /exec/products/OA/v11.5.10.2/p13drec/p13dsmsappl/ad/11.5.0/bin/adworker: rtld: 0712-001 Symbol __pth_init was referenced from module adworker(), but a runtime definition... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

relink directories

Hello, I installed a new java version on a suse linux box. I see directory java is linked to the old SunJava 1.3 version. How can I relink it to the j2re1.4.2_15 directory so it will use the new java version without me having to hardcode the directory. Thanks. lrwxrwxrwx 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recompiling and uninstalling existing applications

Hi everyone, I'm new-ish to Unix outside of being a basic user in the past. So some background on my experience level when asking this question. My current laptop, running OS X 10.5, had Apache and PHP installed when I bought it. However I need to recompile these now to add features which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: werdenaz
0 Replies

6. SCO

Relink kernel error

SCO Unix 5.0.5 wd Srom 1 /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.0Eb/etc/conf/cf.d/msci - parameter count Idbuild idscsi had errors System build failed. Any idea ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakicevic
1 Replies
link(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   link(1)

NAME
link, unlink - Creates an additional directory entry for an existing file SYNOPSIS
link file1 file2 unlink file STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: link: XCU5.0 unlink: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The link command performs the link() system call to create an additional directory entry for an existing file, file1. In effect, the underlying file then has two names, file1 and file2 (either of these arguments can be a pathname). The old and new entries share equal access rights to the underlying file. The unlink command performs the unlink() system call to remove a link to file created by link. The unlink command removes the directory entry specified by the file parameter and, if the entry is a hard link, decrements the link count of the file referenced by the link. You should be familiar with the link() and unlink() system calls before you use these commands. The link and unlink commands do not issue error messages when the associated system call is unsuccessful. NOTES
The link and unlink commands cannot be used to link and unlink directories. EXIT STATUS
The link and unlink commands both exit with the following: The link() or unlink() system call succeeded. Too few or too many arguments specified. The link() or unlink() system call failed. SEE ALSO
Commands: fsck(8), ln(1) Functions: link(2), unlink(2) link(1)