Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question Post 302886817 by Chubler_XL on Monday 3rd of February 2014 07:45:50 PM
Old 02-03-2014
Could you avoid bash4 (and globstar) requirement by replacing:

Code:
shopt -s globstar

for file in ./**; do
        [ -f "$file" ] || continue # only "regular" files

with

Code:
find . -type f -print | while read file; do

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

editing files with script

hi guys, We have to implement new local (/etc/default/login) USER security policy on almost 50 stations. so editing /etc/default/login and /etc/default/passwd will be way too long work. Can we do the same using some script, I mean editing the above files and putting variables as RETRIES=3, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for editing column files

Hi, I have been doing files editing (using "vi") to change the period (e.g. 0902 to 0903) for 100 files each week as shown in the example below. I would like to have a script to solve this manual files editing. Please advice. Example: Change from: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JunZ
2 Replies

3. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Gzip files in Directory and itīs Subdirectories

Hello dear Community, I have a task to wrtie a script which will gzip not zipped files in a directory and itīs subdirectories. I succeeded in gzippung the directory but not the subdirectories: #/bin/bash #go to the directory where to zip cd $1 #Zip unzipped files for i in `ls | xargs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing lists of integers in 1d files with bash shell

Hi, I need a script that will: 1. Go through about 20 different folders, each containing about 20 1d files. The 1d files go something like this: 22.253 37.707 78.117 112.374 127.944 156.067 180.956 233.785 249.256 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac130pilot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories

Hello, I have a CentOS server that contains a 'storage' directory. Within that directory, there could be any number of subfolders (all with unique names that match usernames). Under each username folder, there are two additional folders: db and files /STORAGE/user1/db/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonH
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab deleting files command question

Hello out there, Our system has a pdf generator that creates pdf files. We dont need them pas 120 days. So I have this command in my crontab. I currently set it to "0" for testing. But normally have it set to -mtime 120 to remove files out of the folders from PDF out to several other potential... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories

Hello everyone, I'm am a newbie to coding so I am reaching out in hopes that I can get some help from this forum. I am trying to run the script below from a single directory, however the directory has many subfolders. In each of those subfolders is a file, uniquely named to that specific... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
3 Replies
File::Type::Builder(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    File::Type::Builder(3)

NAME
File::Type::Builder - parse mime-magic and generate code SYNOPSIS
my $build = File::Type::Builder->new(); while (<magic>) { chomp; my $parsed = $build->parse_magic($_); my $code = $build->string_start($parsed); (or string_offset or beshort) } DESCRIPTION
Reads in the mime-magic file format and translates it to code. (This documentation would be longer if I really expected anyone other than me to run the code.) METHODS
new Creates a new File::Type::Builder object. parse_magic Pulls apart a line of a mime-magic file using a string of regular expressions. An example mime-magic file can be found in cleancode CVS at http://cleancode.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/email/mime-magic.mime?rev=1.1.1.1 <http://cleancode.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/email/mime-magic.mime?rev=1.1.1.1> string Builds code to match magic that's of type string. Has to do some cleverness to make the regular expression work properly. be Builds code to match 'beshort' and 'belong' magic (eg audio/mpeg, image/jpeg). PRIVATE METHODS
_substr_matching Sometimes the data is smaller than the offset we're looking for in the file. If this is the case, then the file is obviously not of that type, and furthermore we should avoid issuing a couple of warnings that Perl would otherwise emit. This subroutine generates this code. _get_escapes Returns a reference to a hash defining characters that should not be escaped. TODO
* Add handlers for other magic types (bedate, byte, etc) * Make verbosity/logging nicer. * Find more edge cases. * Remove redundant 'if (length $data > 0)' check. Longer term: * Fix for multiple magic format types? BUGS
Incomplete. Some known issues with odd entries in mime-magic. Skips some mime-magic lines. SEE ALSO
File::Type, which is partially generated by this module. AUTHOR
Paul Mison <pmison@fotango.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003 Fotango Ltd. LICENSE
Licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2004-05-06 File::Type::Builder(3)