Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question Post 302886812 by neutronscott on Monday 3rd of February 2014 06:58:27 PM
Old 02-03-2014
This would take some work to keep them in subdirs. I see you already use the globstar ./** for recursion but didn't include the shopt -s globstar
This is bash4 feature, so let's write bash code and use all of it's nice features:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

(( $# == 2 )) || {
        printf 'Usage: %s <prefix> <ext>\n' "$0"
        exit 1
}

prefix=$1
type=$2
number=1
shopt -s globstar

for file in ./**; do
        [ -f "$file" ] || continue # only "regular" files

printf -v new '%s%03d.%s' "$prefix" $((number++)) "$type"

# skip to next file if name conflict
        [ -f "$new" ] && continue
        [ -x "$file" ] && continue

mv "$file" "$new"
        echo "$file -> $new"

done

Code:
mute@thedoctor:~/temp/TheGreatGizmo$ touch IMG_{0000..0005}.jpg more/IMG_{000..0005}.jpg
mute@thedoctor:~/temp/TheGreatGizmo$ ls
IMG_0000.jpg  IMG_0001.jpg  IMG_0002.jpg  IMG_0003.jpg  IMG_0004.jpg  IMG_0005.jpg  more  script
mute@thedoctor:~/temp/TheGreatGizmo$ ./script
Usage: ./script <prefix> <ext>
mute@thedoctor:~/temp/TheGreatGizmo$ ./script file jpg
./IMG_0000.jpg -> file001.jpg
./IMG_0001.jpg -> file002.jpg
./IMG_0002.jpg -> file003.jpg
./IMG_0003.jpg -> file004.jpg
./IMG_0004.jpg -> file005.jpg
./IMG_0005.jpg -> file006.jpg
./more/IMG_0000.jpg -> file007.jpg
./more/IMG_0001.jpg -> file008.jpg
./more/IMG_0002.jpg -> file009.jpg
./more/IMG_0003.jpg -> file010.jpg
./more/IMG_0004.jpg -> file011.jpg
./more/IMG_0005.jpg -> file012.jpg
mute@thedoctor:~/temp/TheGreatGizmo$ ls .
file001.jpg  file003.jpg  file005.jpg  file007.jpg  file009.jpg  file011.jpg  more
file002.jpg  file004.jpg  file006.jpg  file008.jpg  file010.jpg  file012.jpg  script

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

editing files with script

hi guys, We have to implement new local (/etc/default/login) USER security policy on almost 50 stations. so editing /etc/default/login and /etc/default/passwd will be way too long work. Can we do the same using some script, I mean editing the above files and putting variables as RETRIES=3, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for editing column files

Hi, I have been doing files editing (using "vi") to change the period (e.g. 0902 to 0903) for 100 files each week as shown in the example below. I would like to have a script to solve this manual files editing. Please advice. Example: Change from: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JunZ
2 Replies

3. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Gzip files in Directory and itīs Subdirectories

Hello dear Community, I have a task to wrtie a script which will gzip not zipped files in a directory and itīs subdirectories. I succeeded in gzippung the directory but not the subdirectories: #/bin/bash #go to the directory where to zip cd $1 #Zip unzipped files for i in `ls | xargs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing lists of integers in 1d files with bash shell

Hi, I need a script that will: 1. Go through about 20 different folders, each containing about 20 1d files. The 1d files go something like this: 22.253 37.707 78.117 112.374 127.944 156.067 180.956 233.785 249.256 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ac130pilot
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories

Hello, I have a CentOS server that contains a 'storage' directory. Within that directory, there could be any number of subfolders (all with unique names that match usernames). Under each username folder, there are two additional folders: db and files /STORAGE/user1/db/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonH
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab deleting files command question

Hello out there, Our system has a pdf generator that creates pdf files. We dont need them pas 120 days. So I have this command in my crontab. I currently set it to "0" for testing. But normally have it set to -mtime 120 to remove files out of the folders from PDF out to several other potential... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories

Hello everyone, I'm am a newbie to coding so I am reaching out in hopes that I can get some help from this forum. I am trying to run the script below from a single directory, however the directory has many subfolders. In each of those subfolders is a file, uniquely named to that specific... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
3 Replies
JPEGICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)