Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Replace character in 3rd column and leave 1rst and last Post 302886741 by anbu23 on Monday 3rd of February 2014 11:17:38 AM
Old 02-03-2014
Code:
$ awk -F"_" ' { printf("%s",$1 FS $2);for(i=3;i<NF;i++) printf("%s","-"$i); printf("%s\n",FS NF) } ' file
573839 12737 XFFK_UUD-KKDD-JDUDU_4
24300123 9927827 LUUUEO_OP-MJJF-JJI98-5526_5
4429999 988601 UDDYDYY_AAAABBNV_3
7878 92222 HHDRR_IPd.koo-ljjdLPP-IIDUUDD.OPPE_4

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if 4th and 5th character of sting -ge 45 then add 1 to 3rd character

I want to know how to, given a string like W87151WR71C, if the 4th and 5th character (in this case 15) are greater than 45, then to add 1 to the 3rd character (in this case 7) and assign the revised string the variable name MODSTRING. Thanks in advance. This is ultimately to grab info from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] sed : last character replace

Hi all , I have to write a shell script that takes a number as input , like 123 and the output will be 6 ,i.e the output will be the sum of digits of the input. I have an idea as follows, echo "123"|fold -1|tr '\n' '+'|bc But the problem is after " echo "123"|fold -1|tr '\n' '+' "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to create max value of 3rd column, grouping by first column

Hi, I need an awk script (or whatever shell-construct) that would take data like below and get the max value of 3 column, when grouping by the 1st column. clientname,day-of-month,max-users ----------------------------------- client1,20120610,5 client2,20120610,2 client3,20120610,7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace character in certain column

I have a data with 4 columns separete with tab delimiter as following: A B {123} E{456} C D {789} T{159} My expected result as following: (become 5 columns) A B {123} E {456} C D {789} T {159} Is there any way to separate the 4th column to 2 field by using the tab delimiter? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2011
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find and replace till nth occurence of a special character

Hi, I have a requirement to search for a pattern in each line in a file and remove the in between words till the 3rd occurrence of double quote ("). Ex: CREATE TABLE "SCHEMANAME"."AMS_LTV_STATUS" (Note: "SCHEMANAME" may changes for different schemas. Its not a fixed value) I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Replace NA with column mean

Hi experts, I'm looking for a unix solution to replacing "NA" within a matrix with the mean of the column: $cat file ID a b c d day 10 5 100 50 cat 20 6 200 50 dog NA 8 NA 50 car 15 NA NA ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a character in a specific column in a file?

This is a file that I have test line 1 (55) ) test line 2 (45) ) I would like to change all the parens in position 1 of this file to a ); i only want to check position 1 in every line of the file. I have tried different varations of sed, but cannot seem to be able to limit it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoeG
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace one space and leave other spaces untouched

Hi Friends, I looked up online, but couldn't figure out a proper solution. I have an input file where the columns are separated by multiple spaces and the column content is separated by single space. For example, Chr1 hello world unix is fun In the above example, chr1 is first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a character of specified column(s) of all rows in a file

Hi - I have a file "file1" of below format. Its a comma seperated file. Note that each string is enclosed in double quotes. "abc","-0.15","10,000.00","IJK" "xyz","1,000.01","1,000,000.50","OPR" I want the result as: "abc","-0.15","10000.00","IJK" "xyz","1,000.01","1000000.50","OPR" I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extract First character in fourth column

Hi Experts, I am new to UNIX. One of my file records are like below 220 IN C/A 515013 NULL NULL 220 IN C/A 515017 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 333701 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 515034 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 499201 NULL NULL 225 IN C/A 499202 NULL NULL The above mentioned records delimiter is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
4 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)