Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity DOS resistance Test case help Post 302886618 by @dagio on Sunday 2nd of February 2014 04:50:51 PM
Old 02-02-2014
DOS resistance Test case help

Hello,

I am testing a new software and i need to run also one test case to prove that the device is resistant to DOS attack. I tried using some tools to perform attacks to the machine but i am a little bit confused what i really have to check to prove that the machine have protection against DOS attacks?

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if test case in korn shell

hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am not too familiar with scripting so I will be spending a lot of time here. I am trying to understand a ksh script. NSCA=/bin/send_nsca if ] What does the -e check for? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluke_perf
3 Replies

2. Programming

Ignore case in a test?

How do I ignore the case in an if condition..? EDIT: I put this in the wrong board...this is a linux script. if then echo "Same name." else echo "Different name." fi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

3. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - traverse sub directories and get test case results

Hello, I need help in creating a PERL script for parsing test result files to get the results (pass or fail). Each test case execution generates a directory with few files among which we are interested in .result file. Lets say Testing is home directory. If i executed 2 test cases. It will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.videla
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Lower case test condition

I want to locate directories that are upper, lower or have both upper and lower cases. What I have is: find /tmp/$var2 -type d' " ); && echo "host case is incorrect" || echo "host case is correct" This actually is part of a larger script and it does work but the problem is that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to test for both upper and lower case directories

I am trying to get a script to print out whether a directory is lowercase uppercase or both. This is what I've got so far: echo -e read "enter name" read server for DIR in $(find /tmp/$server -type d -prune | sed 's/\.\///g');do if expr match "$server" "*$" > /dev/null; then echo "$server -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test command non case specific string comparision

Hi, I want to do caseless string comparision using test command for eg: Ind_f="y" test "$Ind_f" == "y|Y" i tried , ** , nothing worked. any thoughts on how to do case insensitive string comparison using test command without converting to any particular case using typeset or tr? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
8 Replies
I386_VM86(2)						   BSD/i386 System Calls Manual 					      I386_VM86(2)

NAME
i386_vm86 -- set virtual 8086 processor registers and mode LIBRARY
i386 Architecture Library (libi386, -li386) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <signal.h> #include <machine/mcontext.h> #include <machine/segments.h> #include <machine/sysarch.h> #include <machine/vm86.h> int i386_vm86(struct vm86_struct *vmcp); DESCRIPTION
i386_vm86() will set the process into virtual 8086 mode using the registers and selectors specified by the context pointed to by vmcp. The processor registers are set from vmcp->substr.regs, and the emulated processor type from vmcp->substr.ss_cpu_type. The kernel keeps a pointer to the context, and uses the tables stored at vmcp->int_byuser and vmcp->int21_byuser for fast virtual interrupt handling. If the n th bit is clear in the first of these arrays, then the kernel may directly emulate the real-mode x86 INT n instruction handling. If the n th bit is set, then the process is delivered a signal when an INT instruction is executed. Since MS-DOS puts many DOS functions onto interrupt 21, it is handled specially: the k th bit in the vmcp->int21_byuser array is checked when INT 21 is requested and the ah register is k. RETURN VALUES
This routine does not normally return: 32-bit mode will be restored by the delivery of a signal to the process. In case of an error in set- ting the VM86 mode, a value of -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
i386_vm86() will fail if: [EFAULT] The state at vmcp was not readable to the user process. REFERENCES
i386 Microprocessor Programmer's Reference Manual, Intel BSD
February 20, 1996 BSD