Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Visibility of X11 windows
Top Forums Programming Visibility of X11 windows Post 302886507 by fpmurphy on Saturday 1st of February 2014 06:52:57 AM
Old 02-01-2014
Just curious as to why are you using DTWM? DTWM was part of CDE which was a early-1990s windowing manager.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

visibility of a variable in Perl script.

I am writing a script to cross check the dbscript. For that I am searching the SQL manipulators in the dbscript as shown below. But my problem is the variable $pattern is coming as null when comes out of the foreach loop. File content: ========= vi /home2/niroj_p/dbscript.sql -------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niroj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Variable visibility

Dear All, Saying, I have two distinct functions with the same goal (counting lines containing a specific pattern in a file MyFile). To perform that operation, I used a "while loop" with two different syntax ("grep" command would be much more better in that case but this is not the concern in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
8 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XUnmapWindow(3)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNTAX
int XUnmapWindow(Display *display, Window w); int XUnmapSubwindows(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3), XConfigureWindow(3), XCreateWindow(3), XDestroyWindow(3), XMapWindow(3) XRaiseWindow(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XUnmapWindow(3)