Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bad status in UNIX Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bad status in UNIX Script Post 302886403 by franzpizzo on Friday 31st of January 2014 08:03:47 AM
Old 01-31-2014
The problem are the chars ‘ ’ – that are similar but different: the probelm occurs when copy and paste code in msoffice:
Code:
find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache -name \* -mtime +1 -exec rm {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect status of db2 in Unix shell script

Hi I am trying to connect to db2 database from Unix shell script (k shell) I need to catch the status of connect whether it is succesful or not. ---------------------------------------------------------- # Read login credentials for db2 tput clear echo "Please enter your Userid:\c"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mKarri
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 88

Hi, I'm getting this message from my 64bit Redhat 5.5 NFSv3 clients. They are mounting an Oracle 7110 Array that is exporting the NFS shares. nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 88 As the 7110 is a Solaris/ZFS array I've traced the errno 88 to be an "Illegal Byte Sequence" by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command returning bad status--

would like to remove the post (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check multiple jobs runninng status

Hi Folks, Please help me ,I need a unix shell script to check for multiple jobs running. if there are multiple backup Jobs running then it should be trigger an email . Thanks, Anand T (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nandu67
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command on a empty directory - bad status

when I run the following command in AIX (bash), find ./* I get the following error. find: bad status-- ./* Thats becasuse, its an empty directory. The same works, when there the directory is not empty. Even though the find deesnt have to rerun any result. My full find command would look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command giving bad status error

In a fastload teradata utility I am trying to delete the files which are older than 30days using the find and rm command as following. find . -name 'xxx_*' -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; I expect it to delete all the files older than 30 days but sometimes it gives an error : find: bad status--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stelkar
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)