Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in lock and unlock and after the changes Post 302886399 by joeyg on Friday 31st of January 2014 07:38:56 AM
Old 01-31-2014
So, based on $choice1, it seems that you want to set $opt1 and $opt2. Is that correct?

Such that,
user types in a 1
1 is stored to $choice1
therefore, programming to store "app1" to opt1 and "TEA1" to opt2
(and similar for the other three possibilities)
do some UNSPECIFIED file changes
then execute a command /usr/local/... $opt1 $opt2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to lock keyboard without using lock command

how can I lock my keyboard while I'm away from the computer without using lock command. What other commands gives me the option to lock keyboard device? thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dianayun
7 Replies

2. Solaris

How to unlock my editor?

When I want to use the editor ,whether vi or textedit,it prompts for entering a key. How can I disable this function?many thanks for offering solutions! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartboy1461
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to unlock user ID in solaris?

I only able to lock user ID with passwd -l username It seems there is no option for me to unlock ID in solaris? Is there any command as below? passwd -u username Appreciate someome can share with me the way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

not able to unlock user

Hi, not able to unlock user eventhough executed /usr/lbin/modprpw -k username Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
2 Replies

5. AIX

how to unlock a dvd in HMC

When I do HMC upgrade, I download HMC code from IBM web site and burn it to a DVD disk, when I get the first DVD out of HMC's dvd rom and input the second DVD, it shows error: The requested device is already locked by the process: Install Corrective Service. Would you like to try to request a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Security Question: Lock after invalid login, Session Lock and Required Minimum Password Length

Hello all, If anyone has time, I have a few questions: How do I do the following in Linux. We are using Red Hat and Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is based on Red Hat too. 1. How to lock the account after a few (like 3) invalid password attempts? 2. How do you lock a screen after 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nstarz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Testing privileges -lock lockfile /var/lock/subsys/..- Permission denied

Hi all, I have to test some user priviliges. The goal is to be sure that an unauthorized user can't restart some modules (ssh, mysql etc...). I'm trying to automate it with a shell script but in same cases I got the syslog broadcast message. Is there any way to simply get a return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Where are lock and unlock commands?

I'm running cygwin bash on Windows 8.1. I would like to to write a OS neutral bash script that uses the commands like lock, block and unlock. Do I need to write lock, block and unlock myself in C++? I'm hoping someone has already written them. My bash script would look something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Automatic Account Unlock

Hello, It is to my understanding that when configuring the Solaris operating system to meet compliance standards, you must configure the "LOCK_AFTER_RETRIES" value in the "/etc/security/policy.conf" file to "YES", and then configure the "RETRIES" parameter in the "/etc/default/login" file to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrustSovietBear
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't unlock encrypted disk

I use Debian default encryption disk encryption. Only /boot it's not encrypted. When I boot I need to type my password, and then I will be logged in. But now I can't login. It always says that I typed the wrong password, but I typed the correct password. I tried to boot in live-CD and try unlock... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zognadal
3 Replies
plock(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						 plock(3C)

NAME
plock - lock or unlock into memory process, text, or data SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/lock.h> int plock(int op); DESCRIPTION
The plock() function allows the calling process to lock or unlock into memory its text segment (text lock), its data segment (data lock), or both its text and data segments (process lock). Locked segments are immune to all routine swapping. The effective user ID of the calling process must be super-user to use this call. The plock() function performs the function specified by op: PROCLOCK Lock text and data segments into memory (process lock). TXTLOCK Lock text segment into memory (text lock). DATLOCK Lock data segment into memory (data lock). UNLOCK Remove locks. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The plock() function fails and does not perform the requested operation if: EAGAIN Not enough memory. EINVAL The op argument is equal to PROCLOCK and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process; the op argument is equal to TXTLOCK and a text lock or a process lock already exists on the calling process; the op argument is equal to DATLOCK and a data lock or a process lock already exists on the calling process; or the op argument is equal to UNLOCK and no lock exists on the calling process. EPERM The {PRIV_PROC_LOCK_MEMORY} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
The mlock(3C) and mlockall(3C) functions are the preferred interfaces for process locking. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), exit(2), fork(2), memcntl(2), mlock(3C), mlockall(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 plock(3C)