Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there a way to find when a user is added in Linux host? Post 302886398 by jaipsharma on Friday 31st of January 2014 07:34:33 AM
Old 01-31-2014
Tools Is there a way to find when a user is added in Linux host?

Is there a way/command/script to find when a user is added in linux host?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the host name

HI, what is the command to find the host name with IP address. is possible to find the host name of other boxes( having their ip) from the same box (assuming telnet to other box is possible from this) Regards, Ananda (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many user can be added to single group

Hi There, How many user can be added to a unix single group. I need this for unix and solaris. BRs -----Post Update----- I'm asking about secondary group and not primary group. All the users are having 8 character as their username. value is set for getconf LINE_MAX is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maestromani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change user> to user@host> ssh prompt

Hi, I was wondering how to change the prompt for my ssh login. At the moment it is like user> while I'd like it to be as user@host> It is in the .bash_profile or .ssh ??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmasterkim
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How can I find the size of files added to a folder after a particular date

Hi, I want to find the size of the files added to a folder after a certain date(say 1st of october), I know we can list the files which were created after a certain date , but is there anyway to find the total size of those files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alookachaloo
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host file per user

Is anyone aware of a way of creating a local hosts file for a user? Getting a change made to /etc/hosts by our administrators takes about 4 weeks and a ridiculous amount of form filling for such a simple task, so was hoping I could have a locally controlled one for my user. Is such a thing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Why this message came when i added user in group?

Hi all, When I added one user in in this group hhs_gl6 following message got generated. -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/usermod -G hhs_gl6 vivek UX: /usr/sbin/usermod: hhs_gl6 name should be all lower case or numeric. However when I cheked the user in /etc/group file, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to find which host a VM is running on?

We have quite a few Linux VMs running (several hundred). Some are running in VMware and some are running on Citrix XenServer. I know that it is possible, for example, to go into vSphere and search for the host name. But there are times where it is not found for whatever reason and I want to log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
0 Replies

9. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies
pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1)					     pbuilder					       pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1)

NAME
pbuilder-user-mode-linux - personal package builder in UML SYNOPSIS
pbuilder-user-mode-linux create [options] pbuilder-user-mode-linux update [options] pbuilder-user-mode-linux build [options] .dsc-file pbuilder-user-mode-linux execute [options] script pbuilder-user-mode-linux login [options] DESCRIPTION
Front end program to the pbuilder suite of programs, used for creating and maintaining user-mode-linux environment and building Debian package within the user-mode-linux virtual machine environment. Unlike pbuilder , pbuilder-user-mode-linux does not require root privilege to run. It should be ran under a normal user. OPTIONS
create Creates a user-mode-linux root image for the specified distribution using rootstrap software update Updates the user-mode-linux root image for the specified distribution. Also, by specifying the --distribution option, it is possi- ble to switch the distribution. Specify a dummy distribution value even for custom apt config files. build Builds the package specified by .dsc-file within the user-mode-linux environment. login Invokes shell within UML. dumpconfig dumps configuration information about user-mode-linux, used for debugging. execute Invokes a command or script inside UML. execute will copy the specified file into the UML system, and run it. The remaining command-line arguments are passed on to the script. --uml-image [UML image] Specify the UML image to use. --eth0 [uml option for eth0] Specify this option as parameter to UML. Specify --eth0=slirp,12345,/usr/bin/slirp-fullbolt to use the slirp connection. --uml-ip [IP inside UML] Specify this to set the IP inside UML. This can be set to dhcp for obtaining IP address through DHCP. --uml-netmask [netmask] The netmask. --uml-network [network] The network address. --uml-broadcast [broadcast] The broadcast address. --uml-gateway [gateway] The gateway address. --mount-tmpfs [yes] Specify whether to mount tmpfs inside UML chroot. --uml-hostname [uml-host] The hostname inside uml. --distribution [sid] Specify the distribution. see pbuilder(8) --binary-arch Specify only to build binary-arch targets. see pbuilder(8) --timeout timeouttime Timeout build after specified time. see pbuilder(8) --configfile config file to read Makes pbuilder to read the config file inside UML. pbuilder-user-mode-linux itself would be affected by the contents of the config file. --hookdir location of hooks Makes pbuilder use the specified hookdir inside UML. --aptconfdir apt configuretion directory Makes pbuilder to use specified apt configuration directory instead of other settings. See pbuilder(8) --override-config Specify this option along with --distribution to switch distribution using pbuilder-user-mode-linux update --logfile logfilename Specify this option to make the output go to logfilename as well as standard output. --buildresult /dir/to/build/result The directory where build result is placed to --uml-debugmode Enable tracing of shell scripts used by pbuilder-user-mode-linux. --bindmounts /dir/to/bind-mount Bind-mount the directory inside the chroot inside the user-mode-linux. --buildplace place-to-put-COW-file Specify the directory to place the COW file. The user needs to be able to access that directory, and the directory must exist. --uml-login-nocow Do not use COW filesystem when using pbuilder-user-mode-linux login so that changes made in the log in session will persist. Effective in login and exec options. --mirror [mirror location] Specifies the URL of Debian mirror to be specified in sources.list inside the chroot. This option is only valid when distribution is being specified, for update and build targets. The format is something like: http://http.us.debian.org/debian which should point to your favourite mirror. This option can optionally be omitted, and left blank, in which case, this part is skipped. Note that these URLs specified to pbuilder will be used from within the chroot, and specifying file:/somewhere/ will most probably fail. --othermirror [deb http://xxx/xxx/ ./ | other deb lines... ] The lines which is added to the sources.list, delimited with | Like deb http://local/mirror stable main|deb file:/usr/local/mirror ./ The deb lines here are the ones that will appear at the top of the sources.list inside the chroot. Be sure to follow the syntax rules of sources.list(5). These lines appear at the beginning of the constructed sources file, so this is the place to list your local mirror sites; apt will then use them in preference to the ones listed in --mirror . These options are only valid when --override-config option is specified in update target, or when pbuilder create is being called. NOTES
For build and login targets, pbuilder-user-mode-linux will try to use COW devices. Inside user-mode-linux, pbuilder-user-mode-linux will mount tmpfs as /tmp to avoid temporary file race conditions with outside of UML. This may cause problems trying to use files in /tmp directory. FILES
/etc/pbuilderrc The system-wide configuration file for pbuilder. /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilderrc The default settings for pbuilder, used as fallback for all values that is not specified in /etc/pbuilderrc. /etc/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf System-wide configuration file for pbuilder-uml, it will take priority over pbuilder configurations. /usr/share/pbuilder/pbuilder-uml.conf Software-default configuration file for pbuilder-uml. ${HOME}/.pbuilderrc User-default configuration file. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/pbuilder/pbuilder-doc.html, pdebuild(1), pbuilder(8), rootstrap(1), linux(1), pbuilderrc(5), pbuilder-uml.conf(5) Debian 2005 Jun 12 pbuilder-user-mode-linux(1)