Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtual machine
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Virtual machine Post 302886360 by Jomeaide on Friday 31st of January 2014 01:23:19 AM
Old 01-31-2014
My recommendation is VirtualBox.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Java Virtual Machine

Can Someone help me for Java VM? How can I see version of JVM and JDK on UNIX AIX 4.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niko
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virtualising virtual machine

Hi, I'm virtualising ubuntu on a mac forum and I get the following error when I run my application... If I try ping localhost from guest OS, it works... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

SVR4 on virtual machine help

Hello to all UNIX experts! This is my problem: I have to emulate an old UNIX System 5 release 4 on a virtual machine. I've got 30 images (.IMA) of 1.4M floppy where there is the installation of SVR4. How I can install it with those files? I tried with Vmware 7 workstation but it says 'Operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
6 Replies

5. Fedora

Help with fedora virtual machine

hi, i installed a virtual machine from virtualbox then i downloaded, burned and am running fedora on that virtual machine. i changed from graphical interface to terminal. now, the problem is that when i type, the command line displays numbers. the letter 't' is represented by 6, f by 7 and so on. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Virtual Machine

Hi All, In my Org we are using Xen Hypervisor on RHEL 5.Now now the biggest challenge for us is to take online snapshot of running VM Guests.But this feature is not available in Xen. So i am trying to figure it out with some of the blogs found on net,in one blog its saying to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
SOAP::WSDL::Manual::Glossary(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SOAP::WSDL::Manual::Glossary(3pm)

NAME
SOAP::WSDL::Manual::Glossary - Those acronyms and stuff Glossary web service Web services are RPC (Remote Procedure Call) interfaces accessible via some internet protocol, typically via HTTP(S). SOAP SOAP is (was - since 1.2 the name "SOAP" has no meaning any more) an acronym for Simple Object Access Protocol. SOAP is a W3C recommendation. The latest version of the SOAP specification may be found at <http://www.w3.org/TR/soap/>. SOAP defines a protocol for message exchange between applications. The most popular usage is to use SOAP for remote procedure calls (RPC). While one of the constituting aspects of a web service is its reachability via some internet protocol, you might as well define SOAP services accessible via postcards. Despite it's former name, SOAP has nothing more to do with objects than cars have with pets - SOAP messages may, but not necessarily do carry objects, very much like your car may, but does not need to carry your pet. WSDL WSDL is an acronym for Web Services Description Language. WSDL is a W3C recommendation. The latest version of the WSDL specification may be found at <http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/>. WSDL defines a XML-based language for describing web service interfaces, including SOAP interfaces. WS-I WS-I (Web Services Interoperability Organization) is an open industry organisation chartered to promote Web service interoperability across platforms, operating systems, and programming languages. WS-I publishes profiles, which provide implementation guidelines for how related Web services specifications should be used together for best interoperability. To date, WS-I has finalized the Basic Profile, Attachments Profile and Simple SOAP Binding Profile. SOAP::WSDL aims at complying to the WS-I Basic Profile (but does not implement full support yet). SOAP message styles rpc Meant for transporting a RPC message. All contents of the SOAP body are put into a top-level node named equal to the SOAP operation. WS-I Basic Profile allows the use of rpc message style. SOAP::WSDL does not support rpc message style yet. SOAP::Lite supports rpc message style only. document Meant for transporting arbitrary content. No additional nodes are inserted between the SOAP body and the actual content. WS-I Basic Profile allows the use of document message style. SOAP encoding styles encoded literal LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Martin Kutter. This file is part of SOAP-WSDL. You may distribute/modify it under the same terms as perl itself. AUTHOR
Martin Kutter <martin.kutter fen-net.de> REPOSITORY INFORMATION
$Rev: 391 $ $LastChangedBy: kutterma $ $Id: Glossary.pod 391 2007-11-17 21:56:13Z kutterma $ $HeadURL: https://soap-wsdl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/soap-wsdl/SOAP-WSDL/trunk/lib/SOAP/WSDL/Manual/Glossary.pod $ perl v5.10.1 2010-12-21 SOAP::WSDL::Manual::Glossary(3pm)