Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Running a R script with in a shell script Post 302886315 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 30th of January 2014 03:15:09 PM
Old 01-30-2014
Try this instead:

Code:
while read file
do

sed 's/\$file/'"$file"'/g' KO.R > KO_NEW.R
    R CMD BATCH KO_NEW.R
    rm KO_NEW.R

done < /Users/dropBox/List.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help with running ps -e | less on nano script editor

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } This is just a portion of a script I'm writing on Linux nano script editor. When I run the script I get stuck on the ps -e | less command portion of the script:wall:. It displays all the process running but it does not allow me to move to the next line on the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANA4SPA
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Looking for script running before I run script again

Good afternoon! I have a script in cron that runs every ten minutes. Normally it only takes a minute or so to complete. However there are times when the amount of data it is looking at is large, and it has taken 20 minutes. So I want for it to look for the script before it starts. I was... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script to check if script itself is running

hi guys we've had nagios spewing false alarm (for the umpteenth time) and finally the customer had enough so they're starting to question nagios. we had the check interval increased from 5 minutes to 2 minutes, but that's just temporary solution. I'm thinking of implementing a script on the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to Check if a script is running?

Hi All, I am new to Unix... Can you please let me know how we can check if a script is running or not on Solaris box? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul466
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Shell script help

Hi fellas, I have a file that contains text something like this SNAPSHOT snap-021ede4a vol-bc3f89c0 completed 2012-11-19T06:05:26+0000 100% 170495546006 850 Created by CreateImage(i-6adc0515) for ami-977dfafe from vol-bc3f89c0 TAG snapshot snap-021ede4a project PAC TAG snapshot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
5 Replies

6. Solaris

[Solved] Using awk withing a shell script

I am trying to use an awk command within a ksh script but it is not working - I am able to run from command line with no problem. It does not err out - it just does not produce a file with final count. awk "{s+=$0} END {print s}" es.out > es.cntAny help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] The SCRIPT command - Can we see the log file of a running session?

Hello. This is my situation. script .anything ls -l . ---How can I see the content of .anything using (i.e) cat .anything? If not possible can someone suggest a sequence to simulate a console-recorder to "observ" from a RUNNING script session? Thanks Paolo Please use code tags... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolfili
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Shell script not working in crontab

Hi Iam running below script in crontab but its not working. #!/bin/sh cd /Scripts /usr/local/bin/expect -f /Scripts/bng_backup.exp /Scripts/data.txt tar -cf bngbackup.tar bngbackup ;gzip bngbackup.tar when iam running manually the output file is generating..but bngbackup.tar.gz file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 3 shell script parallel in another shell script

Hi, I'm trying to do teh below thing. I have a single script which uses 3 different parameters to do 3 different work like belwo. test1.sh par1 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par2 -- it shuts down an instance test1.sh par3 -- it shuts down an instance Now I created a script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
7 Replies
DOVEADM-BATCH(1)						      Dovecot							  DOVEADM-BATCH(1)

NAME
doveadm-batch - Execute multiple commands for multiple users SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] batch [-S socket_path] -A sep command sep command [...] doveadm [-Dv] batch [-S socket_path] -u usermask sep command sep command [...] DESCRIPTION
The command doveadm batch is used to execute multiple doveadm(1) commands sequentially for multiple users. This is primarily an optimiza- tion where Dovecot can do all the mailbox operations for the same user at once, instead of having to go through the users multiple times. In the first form doveadm(1) will loop over all users, defined in the configured user_db(s), and execute the sequence of commands for each of them. In the second form the commands will be executed for each user matching the given usermask. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -A If the -A option is present, the command will be performed for all users. Using this option in combination with system users from userdb { driver = passwd } is not recommended, because it contains also users with a lower UID than the one configured with the first_valid_uid setting. When the SQL userdb module is used make sure that the iterate_query setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext matches your data- base layout. When using the LDAP userdb module, make sure that the iterate_attrs and iterate_filter settings in /etc/dovecot/dove- cot-ldap.conf.ext match your LDAP schema. Otherwise doveadm(1) will be unable to iterate over all users. -S socket_path The option's argument is either an absolute path to a local UNIX domain socket, or a hostname and port (hostname:port), in order to connect a remote host via a TCP socket. This allows an administrator to execute doveadm(1) mail commands through the given socket. -u user/mask Run the command only for the given user. It's also possible to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). When neither the -A option nor -u user was specified, the command will be executed with the environment of the currently logged in user. ARGUMENTS
command Any doveadm(1) command, with arguments and options -- except for the -A, -S and -u options. sep A single character used as command separator, e.g. ':'. Be careful, unquoted characters, like ; or &, may be interpreted by your shell and doveadm(1) will never see them. EXAMPLE
In this example we move seen mails, older than one month, for all example.net users to the alternative storage under /nfsmount: mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox:ALT=/nfsmount/%h/mdbox The second command will remove messages with refcount=0 from the primary storage. doveadm batch -u *@example.net : altmove seen savedbefore 30d : purge REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-11-17 DOVEADM-BATCH(1)