Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Visibility of X11 windows
Top Forums Programming Visibility of X11 windows Post 302886294 by achenle on Thursday 30th of January 2014 02:05:46 PM
Old 01-30-2014
What do you mean by visible?

I can't find my X11 reference books right now, but I'd think you might be able to check WM_STATE, and/or see if the window is actually mapped.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

visibility of a variable in Perl script.

I am writing a script to cross check the dbscript. For that I am searching the SQL manipulators in the dbscript as shown below. But my problem is the variable $pattern is coming as null when comes out of the foreach loop. File content: ========= vi /home2/niroj_p/dbscript.sql -------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Niroj
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All, I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11 after a long time. On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file. I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is the new recommended startup method as well as afew other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
2 Replies

6. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows->RHEL->RHEL X11 Forwarding?

I know this question might have been asked a lot but couldn't find anything that worked. From a windows machine 'A' I can only SSH into Linux server 'B' from where I can SSH into another Linux server 'C'. I need to be able to run GUI interfaces on server C which run on my Windows machine. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr.prasan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Variable visibility

Dear All, Saying, I have two distinct functions with the same goal (counting lines containing a specific pattern in a file MyFile). To perform that operation, I used a "while loop" with two different syntax ("grep" command would be much more better in that case but this is not the concern in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
8 Replies
xcb_map_notify_event_t(3)					    XCB Events						 xcb_map_notify_event_t(3)

NAME
xcb_map_notify_event_t - a window was mapped SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Event datastructure typedef struct xcb_map_notify_event_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; xcb_window_t event; xcb_window_t window; uint8_t override_redirect; uint8_t pad1[3]; } xcb_map_notify_event_t; EVENT FIELDS
response_type The type of this event, in this case XCB_MAP_NOTIFY. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_event_t and can be used to tell events apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. event The window which was mapped or its parent, depending on whether StructureNotify or SubstructureNotify was selected. window The window that was mapped. override_redirect Window managers should ignore this window if override_redirect is 1. DESCRIPTION
SEE ALSO
xcb_generic_event_t(3), xcb_map_window(3) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_map_notify_event_t(3)