Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Append file name to fasta file headers in Linux Post 302886210 by Mauve on Thursday 30th of January 2014 05:26:16 AM
Old 01-30-2014
Is it also possible to modify this code, for example using a for-loop, to perform this action on all .fasta files in a directory (outputing the modified files to a new directory or similarly)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse fasta file to tabular file

Hello, A bioperl problem I thought could be done with awk: convert the fasta format (Note: the length of each row is not the same for each entry as they were combined from different files!) to tabular format. input.fasta: >YAL069W-1.334 Putative promoter sequence... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequence from fasta file

Hi, I want to match the sequence id (sub-string of line starting with '>' and extract the information upto next '>' line ). Please help . input > fefrwefrwef X900 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGGGCCTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X932 AGAGGGAATTGG AGGAGGTGGAG GGTTCTCTTC > fefrwefrwef X937... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot find logical file format for BSD file headers.

Hi. Unix rookie here. Been looking for a few days for reference documents on how BSD UNIX lays the logical file format onto a disk. Goal is to view/edit with hex editor for data repair. Lots of docs are available for how to use Unix commands (like xxd), but I want to learn the map of how Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_top_he_r
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Round up -FASTA file

I have the following script: awk 'FNR==NR{s+=$3;next;} { print $1 , $2, 100*$3/s }' and the following file: >P39PT-1224 Freq 900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcagctgctccggatcccgcaagccatcttggatatgagggttcgtcggcctcttcagccaagg-cccccagcagaacatccagctgatcg >P39PT-784 Freq 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selectively extracting entries from FASTA file

I would like to extract all entries containing the following patterns: ccccta & ccccccccc from the following infile: >P39PT-1224_Freq_900 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggctcccgcaagccatctctcttcagccaagg >P39PT-784_Freq_2 cccctacgacggcattggtaatggcacccgcaagccatctctcttccccccccc >P39PT-678_Freq_5... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to append two fasta files?

I have two fasta files as shown below, File:1 >Contig_1:90600-91187 AAGGCCATCAAGGACGTGGATGAGGTCGTCAAGGGCAAGGAACAGGAATTGATGACGGTC >Contig_98:35323-35886 GACGAAGCGCTCGCCAAGGCCGAAGAAGAAGGCCTGGATCTGGTCGAAATCCAGCCGCAG >Contig_24:26615-28387... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is it possible to rename fasta headers based on its position specified in another file?

I have 5 sequences in a fasta file namely gene1.fasta as follows, gene1.fasta >1256 ATGTAGC >GEP TAGAG >GTY578 ATGCATA >67_iga ATGCTGA >90_ld ATGCTG I need to rename the gene1.fasta file based on the sequence position specified in list.txt as follows, list.txt position1=org5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)					      Gutenprint Manual Pages					      CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)

NAME
cups-genppdupdate - update CUPS+Gutenprint PPD files SYNOPSIS
cups-genppdupdate [-h] [-n] [-N] [-q | -v] [-s ppd-directory] [-s output-directory] [PPD-FILES or QUEUES...] DESCRIPTION
cups-genppdupdate regenerates the Gutenprint PPD files in use by CUPS, using the PPD files under /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint as tem- plates. The new PPD file replaces the old PPD file under /etc/cups/ppd, but all the options set in the old PPD will be merged into the new PPD, provided that they are still valid in the new file. If no files or queue names are specified, cups-genppdupdate updates all Gutenprint PPD files in /etc/cups/ppd. Otherwise, cups-genppdup- date updates all files or queues listed on the command line. cups-genppdupdate does not update Foomatic PPD files or PPD files from Gimp-Print 4.2 or earlier. cups-genppdupdate does not restart cupsd. cupsd will need manually reloading (or send SIGHUP) once cups-genppdupdate has completed. OPTIONS
-h Show a help message. -n No action. The program will run, but the old PPD files will not be replaced. -q Quiet mode. No messages will be issued, apart from errors. -v Verbose mode. More informative messages will be issued. Note that extremely verbose output may be turned on by setting $debug=1 in the source, but this output will not be of use to the average user. -s ppd-directory Use ppd-directory as the base directory to read PPD files from. By default, the base directory is /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint. Under this directory, the PPD files are located in subdirectories according to language code and territory. -o output-directory Place updated PPD files in output-directory. By default, this is the same as the input directory. -N Reset all options to their defaults (do not merge options from the current PPD file) SEE ALSO
cups-genppd(8), cups-genppdconfig(8), CUPS Software Administrators Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2006 Roger Leigh (rleigh@debian.org) and Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation. This manual page was written by Roger Leigh (rleigh@debian.org). Version 5.2.9 07 Jul 2012 CUPS-GENPPDUPDATE(8)