Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TXT Records: Usage
Special Forums IP Networking TXT Records: Usage Post 302886153 by neutronscott on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 09:33:47 PM
Old 01-29-2014
TXT can hold about any text, so new things can get stuffed in there. SPF I think has a record now but still lives in TXT as well for old implementations. I've seen it also hold DKIM (another email spam thing), ssh fingerprints, DNS-SD (Service discovery), and just any plain ol' text you want. I don't recognize your example as being anything useful though, but a quick Google shows the ms=msXXXX entry seems to be for Microsoft Office 365

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In BIND 9.3 DNS trying to get past the 256 char limit in SPF TXT records

One way I was told to do was incase strings in quotes. But I was given this option if I can get it to work. Will this work for splitting up SPF records? I am try to make bx.example.com reference spf.eu.***, spfa.eu.***, spfb.eu.***, and spfc.eu.***. spf.eu.example.com 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanx
0 Replies

5. Web Development

robots.txt usage

Dear all, I want to use robots.txt to control the "spider". can i specify a IP address to ALLOW the website can be accessed by the "spider"?? thank you. Rick (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem

I have a diff command that does what I want but when comparing large text/log files, it uses up all the memory I have (sometimes over 8gig of memory) diff file1.txt file2.txt | grep '^<'| awk '{$1="";print $0}' | sed 's/^ *//' Is there a better more efficient way to find the lines in one file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies
Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)

NAME
Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists - SPF record "exists" mechanism class DESCRIPTION
An object of class Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists represents an SPF record mechanism of type "exists". Constructors The following constructors are provided: new(%options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists Creates a new SPF record "exists" mechanism object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: qualifier domain_spec See "new" in Mail::SPF::Mech. new_from_string($text, %options): returns Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists; throws Mail::SPF::ENothingToParse, Mail::SPF::EInvalidMech Creates a new SPF record "exists" mechanism object by parsing the string and any options given. Class methods The following class methods are provided: default_qualifier qualifier_pattern See "Class methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. name: returns string Returns 'exists'. name_pattern: returns Regexp Returns a regular expression that matches a mechanism name of 'exists'. Instance methods The following instance methods are provided: text qualifier params stringify See "Instance methods" in Mail::SPF::Mech. domain_spec: returns Mail::SPF::MacroString Returns the "domain-spec" parameter of the mechanism. match($server, $request): returns boolean Checks whether a DNS "A" record exists for the mechanism's target domain name, and returns true if one does, or false otherwise. See RFC 4408, 5.7, for details. SEE ALSO
Mail::SPF, Mail::SPF::Record, Mail::SPF::Term, Mail::SPF::Mech <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4408> For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Mail::SPF. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>, Shevek <cpan@anarres.org> perl v5.18.2 2017-10-06 Mail::SPF::Mech::Exists(3)