Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TXT Records: Usage
Special Forums IP Networking TXT Records: Usage Post 302886153 by neutronscott on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 09:33:47 PM
Old 01-29-2014
TXT can hold about any text, so new things can get stuffed in there. SPF I think has a record now but still lives in TXT as well for old implementations. I've seen it also hold DKIM (another email spam thing), ssh fingerprints, DNS-SD (Service discovery), and just any plain ol' text you want. I don't recognize your example as being anything useful though, but a quick Google shows the ms=msXXXX entry seems to be for Microsoft Office 365

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In BIND 9.3 DNS trying to get past the 256 char limit in SPF TXT records

One way I was told to do was incase strings in quotes. But I was given this option if I can get it to work. Will this work for splitting up SPF records? I am try to make bx.example.com reference spf.eu.***, spfa.eu.***, spfb.eu.***, and spfc.eu.***. spf.eu.example.com 3600 IN TXT "v=spf1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanx
0 Replies

5. Web Development

robots.txt usage

Dear all, I want to use robots.txt to control the "spider". can i specify a IP address to ALLOW the website can be accessed by the "spider"?? thank you. Rick (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem

I have a diff command that does what I want but when comparing large text/log files, it uses up all the memory I have (sometimes over 8gig of memory) diff file1.txt file2.txt | grep '^<'| awk '{$1="";print $0}' | sed 's/^ *//' Is there a better more efficient way to find the lines in one file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies
opendkim-genkey(8)					      System Manager's Manual						opendkim-genkey(8)

NAME
opendkim-genkey - DKIM filter key generation tool SYNOPSIS
opendkim-genkey [options] DESCRIPTION
opendkim-genkey generates (1) a private key for signing messages using opendkim(8) and (2) a DNS TXT record suitable for inclusion in a zone file which publishes the matching public key for use by remote DKIM verifiers. The filenames of these are based on the selector (see below); the private key will have a suffix of ".private" and the TXT record will have a suffix of ".txt". OPTIONS
-a Appends the domain name (see -d below) to the label in the generated TXT record, followed by a trailing period. By default it is assumed the domain name is implicit from the context of the zone file, and is therefore not included in the output. -b bits Specifies the size of the key, in bits, to be generated. The default is 1024 which is the value recommended by the DKIM specifica- tion. -d domain Names the domain which will use this key for signing. Currently only used in a comment in the TXT record file. The default is "example.com". -D directory Instructs the tool to change to the named directory prior to creating files. By default the current directory is used. -h algorithms Specifies a list of hash algorithms which can be used with this key. By default all hash algorithms are allowed. -n note Includes arbitrary note text in the key record. By default, no such text is included. -r Restricts the key for use in e-mail signing only. The default is to allow the key to be used for any service. -s selector Specifies the selector, or name, of the key pair generated. The default is "default". -S Disallows subdomain signing by this key. By default the key record will be generated such that verifiers are told subdomain signing is permitted. -t Indicates the generated key record should be tagged such that verifiers are aware DKIM is in test at the signing domain. NOTES
Requires that the openssl(8) binary be installed and in the executing shell's search path. VERSION
This man page covers the version of opendkim-genkey that shipped with version 2.6.8 of OpenDKIM. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, 2008 Sendmail, Inc. and its suppliers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2009, 2011, 2012, The OpenDKIM Project. All rights reserved. SEE ALSO
opendkim(8), openssl(8) RFC6376 - DomainKeys Identified Mail The OpenDKIM Project opendkim-genkey(8)