Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Putty session freezes when sudo Post 302886046 by mohtashims on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 12:42:34 PM
Old 01-29-2014
Putty session freezes when sudo

I have a Windows batch file with the below entry for auto login.
Code:
putty.exe -ssh user1@10.10.10.7 -pw passwd1 -m command.txt

commnd.txt contains the below entries
Code:
pwd
sudo su - user2

Switching from user1 to user2 does not require any password [auto switch].

Output just prints the pwd and not sudo

When i do this manually it works, but when i tried to automate as above the putty session sort of freezes.

Any clues / Alternate workarounds ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

3. AIX

Enabling color for putty session

Hi Everyone: Is there any way to enable colors through putty for a session into AIX? I've tried to set the TERM variable to xterm-256color but it doesn't work having a 8-color terminal would be okay for me thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Save sudo privilege for session

I have setup public key based login to my CentOS VPS. I wish to disable direct root login and have created an admin user under wheel group and have modified /etc/sudoers file and gave Wheel group all privileges. But now I am being prompted for password whenever I type sudo. I do not wish to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoyceBabu
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty Session Timeout

Hi, I had add the following line into .profile and .bash_profile for the timeout session to avoid putty close automatically : timeout=10800 However, i still keep encounter session time out every after 60 seconds. Can anyone please help advice. Many Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wancy
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

connecting to an ssh session with putty/bash.

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question but I couldnt spot another obvious forum for it. I have a windows shortcut which opens up a saved session in putty. From this session I then ssh to another remote server. I was wondering is there a way that I can either edit my shortcut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newb1000
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nohup process getting killed after closing PUTTY session

I am running a process in nohup . nohup getkeys.ksh 132 > 132.out & When I close the putty terminal,The process is getting killed . default_signal_handler called for signal no: 1 Is there a way to keep the process running even If I close the terminal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 XSCF Console disconnecting when putty session is closed

Hi, I would appreciate some help. I remotely access, across a VPN, an M5000 and when I connect to the XSCF I can then access the OS using console -d0 and then I can get to the console. The problem I have is that I need to run something which will take many hours and I can't run it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restarting a putty session

Hi, Is there any way to refresh the session(for the profile file changes get reflect) in putty? I am tired of closing reopening putty. Thanks, Pandeeesh CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)