Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Proxy Server Upload file from desktop to UNIX server via putty Post 302885984 by Analabhatla on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 10:06:52 AM
Old 01-29-2014
Thanks CLX. I'm able to upload the .csv file in to unix server directory and then run the cut command to extract last column. However i need your help with the following ? sorry for troubling .

1. I'm able to ftp the file from desktop to Unix directory via windows cmd. Will there be any way to perform this FTP operation via UNIX directly? I meant logging in to putty and then ftp to desktop location and then get the file to unix directory. This way it will help me to automate the uploading process for other csv files.

2. The csv file has the 4 fields and sql's that i need to run on database are present in 3rd field. I need help in writing the command / script which reads the sql in 3rd field for all the records and run it against the database and fill the result back in to last field of the file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to upload to the unix server?

I am having problems uploading files to my new server. I am new at this so im sure im doing it wrong. I tried using wsftp but that didnt work. please help me!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdog157h
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stuck in perl cgi to upload a file to server

hi, i m working on a perl cgi script which uploads a file to the server. i m stuck. i hav written the errors. plz help. Sachin Kaw ______________________________________________________________________ #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI; use CGI qw(:standard); use strict; use POSIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin_kaw
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload excel file contents to server

Hi I have an excel file with only 5 rows .I want to uplaod those 5 rows to a database using a shell script.Is this possible.If so where do i start. Thnks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magikminox
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands to copy a tar.gz file from a Remote Unix Server to Local Desktop.

Hi, Just wanted to know, how can I ftp/transfer/copy a (design.tar.gz) archive from a Unix Server (sdmc222.sdmc.cp-srv.com) which is at a remote location, to my Windows Desktop. Obviously, it is not possible at cmd prompt on my Windows using the following commands :- ftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

upload file to webdav server

Hi all i have a such question this is my shell script my script must upload file to webdav server ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #!/bin/sh ###... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knut
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload files from desktop to unix through FTP

Hi , I want to upload some files from my desktop to unix server through FTP . The list of files are in a text file .Please suggest how to do it through scrip . Thanks in advance .. Anupam (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupamhalder
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP

Hello, I have a script that finds the latest version of a file in a folder on my Minecraft server. I'm trying to come up with something that will then FTP that file over to my fileserver. Here's what I have that finds the newest file: find /home/mc/archive/sbhouse -type f -mtime +45 -exec... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate file and Upload to SFTP server.

Xperts, My requirement is something like this, I have a sql script which i need to embed in a shell. The sql (oracle) script will generate a .csv file in some Unix directory. the approximate file size is around 10 mb which i need to upload to an sftp server. My concern here is how to make... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp to get a file from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi, I want to use scp to upload file to my unix server. i am using this: scp D:\testr.txt unixuser@unixhost:/path it returns an error: ssh: D: host/servname not known i am not sure how to tell path of my D drive in the command and how will command understand it has to pick from my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kohli
5 Replies
FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)							 1							FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)

fbsql_read_clob - Read a CLOB from the database

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_read_clob (string $clob_handle, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Reads CLOB data from the database. If a select statement contains BLOB and/or CLOB columns FrontBase will return the data directly when data is fetched. This default behav- ior can be changed with fbsql_set_lob_mode(3) so the fetch functions will return handles to BLOB and CLOB data. If a handle is fetched a user must call fbsql_read_clob(3) to get the actual CLOB data from the database. PARAMETERS
o $clob_handle - A CLOB handle, returned by fbsql_create_clob(3). o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string containing the specified CLOB data. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_read_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $sql = "SELECT CLOB_COLUMN FROM CLOB_TABLE;"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain the clob data for the first row fbsql_free_result($rs); $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); fbsql_set_lob_mode($rs, FBSQL_LOB_HANDLE); $row_data = fbsql_fetch_row($rs); // $row_data[0] will now contain a handle to the CLOB data in the first row $clob_data = fbsql_read_clob($row_data[0]); fbsql_free_result($rs); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_clob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_READ_CLOB(3)