Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need assistance to replace root disk on Netra X4200 Post 302885981 by BRH on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 09:56:00 AM
Old 01-29-2014
Thanks for your prompt reply, bartus11!

Code:
# raidctl -S
  2 "LSI_1064"
  c2t0d0 2 0.2.0 0.5.0 1 DEGRADED
  c2t1d0 2 0.1.0 0.3.0 1 OPTIMAL
  0.1.0 GOOD
  0.2.0 GOOD
  0.3.0 GOOD
  0.5.0 FAILED

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Replace a Failed Root Disk in AIX

My root disk is failed and how to replace the root disk in AIX. Can u give a detailed explanation in step wise. Pls give the answer taking different scenarios. Regards Praveen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnu_mulakala
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Netra 240 Hard disk are not detected

Hi All, I have new Netra 240 box which is not detecting its harddisk equiped with itse same har disk are detected when I swap with another machine. Same time If I swap hardisk of other machine to this Netra 240 box, also do not work. I have checked chassis, cabling etc and all looks fine. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xpwistler
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace word assistance...

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script designed to take input line by line by line from a file with a word on each line for editing with sed. Example file: 1.ejverything 2.bllown 3.maikling 4.manegement 5.existjing 6.systems My design currently takes input from the user, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfitzwilliams
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Netra V440 & Netra 1290 keyswitch

Hello, I wrote a script which monitor the keyswitch state repeatedly each 10 minutes. I'm extracting the keyswitch status by using prtdiag. The script works fine for Netra v440 , but I found that prtdiag under Netra 1290 don't give keyswitch status. unlike Netra 440 server , I found that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

5. Solaris

x4200 solaris doesn't see new disk

I got two 2.5" disk for a x4200 and put it in. Just same these disk were, I remember doing this in the past, working.. Now when I put in the disk and run 'devfsadm' and also check with 'cfgadm -a', that disk doesn't seem to show up. When I pull out the disk I see this in the logs: Mar... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: madvikas
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Assistance Needed With Find/Replace in Vi

Hello All I have always had a question about find and replace in Vi. As this uses Vi, sed, and RegEx I never knew how or where to post the question but I thought I would give it a shot here. Say I have a text file filled with the following: Sue, your IP address is 192.168.1.10 which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoSalt
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Cable for SUN x4200 DC

Hello, I have a spare SUN server X4200 with a DC PSU (oracle part number 300-2186) The PSU is the one in the photo I was looking in the net about what cable i can order but i couldn't find anything that fit there :) Any idea? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

10. Solaris

SUn Netra X4200 M2 Drivers

Hi Guys, Could someone please share the dvd/cd that came with server Netra x4200 M2 since it is not more available in Oracle site? Or do you know where I can get that? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CristianS
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)