Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk script performance issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk script performance issue Post 302885972 by Ariean on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 09:25:54 AM
Old 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Quit after the first instance?
Code:
tr -d '\000' < file_2013-12-31_5_v2.5.xml | awk -v RS="<" -F'"' '/[sS][cC][hH][eE][mM][aA]_[vV][eE][rR][sS][iI][oO][nN]=/ {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)if($i~/[sS][cC][hH][eE][mM][aA]_[vV][eE][rR][sS][iI][oO][nN]=/) print $(i+1) ; exit }'

It worked, yes the SCHEMA_VERSION & PROVIDER attributes in XML file will appear at the top of XML only once in the XML data file they sent today, so there is no point in searching further for now. Appreciate your help, thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue with awk script.

Hi, The below awk script is taking about 1 hour to fetch just 11 records(columns). There are about 48000 records. The script file name is take_first_uniq.sh #!/bin/ksh if then while read line do first=`echo $line | awk -F"|" '{print $1$2$3}'` while read line2 do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RRVARMA
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

performance issue using gzcat, awk and sort

hi all, I was able to do a script to gather a few files and sort them. here it is: #!/usr/bin/ksh ls *mainFile* |cut -c20-21 | sort > temp set -A line_array i=0 file_name='temp' while read file_line do line_array=${file_line} let i=${i}+1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naoseionome
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue with ftp script.

Hi All, I have written a script to FTP files from local server to remote server. When i try it for few number of files the scripts runs successfully. But the same script when i run for 200-300 files it gives me performanace issue by aborting the connection. Please help me out to improve the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP-Shell Script-Performance issue

Hello All, Request any one of Unix/Linux masters to clarify on the below. How far it is feasible to open a new ftp connection for transferring each file when there are multiple files to be sent. I have developed shell script to send all files at single stretch but some how it doesnt suit to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Performance issue

Hi Gurus, I am beginner in solaris and want to know what are the things we need to check for performance monitoring on our solairs OS. for DISK,CPU and MEMORY. Also how we do ipforwarding in slaris Many thanks for your help Pradeep P (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppandey21
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script performance issue

hi i have written a shell script which comapare a text file data with files within number of different directories. example. Text File: i have a file /u02/abc.txt which have almost 20000 file names Directories: i have a path /u03 which have some subdirectories like a,b,c which have almost... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance issue

hi I am having a performance issue with the following requirement i have to create a permutation and combination on a set of three files such that each record in each file is picked and the output is redirected in a specific format but it is taking around 70 odd hours to prepare a combination... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk performance issue

Hi, I have the code below as cat <filename> | tr '~' '\n' | sed '/^$/ d' | sed "s/*/|/g" > <filename> awk -F\| -vt=`date +%m%d%y%H%M%S%s` '$1=="ST",$1=="SE"{if($1=="ST"){close(f);f="214_edifile_"t"" ++i} ; $1=$1; print>f}' OFS=\| <filename> This script replaces some characters and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue in shell script

Hi All, I am facing performance issue while rinning the LINUX shell script. I have file1 and file 2. File one is the source file and file 2 is lookup file. Need to replace if the pattern is matching in file1 with file2. The order of lookup file is important as if any match then exit... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ureddy
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance Issue - Shell Script

Hi, I am beginner in shell scripting. I have written a script to parse file(s) having large number of lines each having multiple comma separated strings. But it seems like script is very slow. It took more than 30mins to parse a file with size 120MB (523564 lines), below is the script code ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrandec85
4 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD