Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep lines for number greater than given number Post 302885971 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 08:55:08 AM
Old 01-29-2014
@ravinder: that would be equivalent to awk '/\=[6-9][0-9]/' . It would not work for values that are >=100 and also the value of TTL could distort the outcome..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of lines returned from a grep command

hi all, from a shell (ksh) script, i am doing a 'grep'. how do i find out the number of lines returned from that 'grep' command ?? thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later. Ex. 1 some data 2 something else 3 more stuff which number do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a decimal number is greater than zero

Hello, In my code I am checking to see if a variable that contains a decimal number is greater than 0 in the following manner: if do something fi However I am getting the error message (if $i for the current iteration holds 9.6352) command 9.6352 is not found How can I rectify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep a greater than number

data: hello mr smith 400 you all ok? hello mrs. smith 700 you all ok? hello mr. everyone 150 you all ok? hello mr. you all 199 im lad you are ok using egrep, how can i grep out only lines that have a number greater than 250? cat data | egrep ..... can't use awk here. i was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greater than specific number

please let me know how to construct if then else by comparing two numbers if it is greater than 10000. I need to do some specific task executed. can you help me out in shell scripting plz. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print N number of lines before and after the grep?

Hi , My record file , need to print up to above (DATA array)(there may be n no lines ) , grep "myvalue" row now .....suggest me some options --- DATA Array--- record type xxxxx sequence type yyyyy 2 3---> data1 /dev/ --- DEVICE --- MAXIMUM_People= data_blocks= MY_value=2 xyz abc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huvan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to output non-number lines with grep?

I want to check my data quality. I want to output the lines with non-number. I used the grep command: grep '' myfile.csv Since my file is csv file, I don't want to output the lines with comma. And I also don't want to output "." or space. But I still get the lines like the following:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twotwo
8 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)