Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep lines for number greater than given number Post 302885970 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 07:52:28 AM
Old 01-29-2014
Hello,

Following may also help.

Code:
awk '!/\=[6-9][0-9]/ {next}1' file_name

Output will be as follows.

Code:
11/20/2013  9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=125
11/20/2013  9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=125
11/20/2013  9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=125

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of lines returned from a grep command

hi all, from a shell (ksh) script, i am doing a 'grep'. how do i find out the number of lines returned from that 'grep' command ?? thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number lines of file and assign variable to each number

I have a file with a list of config files numbered on the lefthand side 1-300. I need to have bash read each lines number and assign it to a variable so it can be chosen by the user called by the script later. Ex. 1 some data 2 something else 3 more stuff which number do you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of lines that start with the number

I have a file with contents similar to this. abcd 1234 4567 7666 jdjdjd 89289 9382 92 jksdj 9823 298 I want to write a shell script which count the number of lines that start with the number (disregard the lines starting with alphabets) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a decimal number is greater than zero

Hello, In my code I am checking to see if a variable that contains a decimal number is greater than 0 in the following manner: if do something fi However I am getting the error message (if $i for the current iteration holds 9.6352) command 9.6352 is not found How can I rectify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep a greater than number

data: hello mr smith 400 you all ok? hello mrs. smith 700 you all ok? hello mr. everyone 150 you all ok? hello mr. you all 199 im lad you are ok using egrep, how can i grep out only lines that have a number greater than 250? cat data | egrep ..... can't use awk here. i was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep range of lines to print a line number on match

Hi Guru's, I am trying to grep a range of line numbers (based on match) and then look for another match which starts with a special character '$' and print the line number. I have the below code but it is actually printing the line number counting starting from the first line of the range i am... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep SQL output file for greater than number.

Hi, This is my first post. I have a korn shell script which outputs a select statment to a file. There is only one column and one row which contains a record count of the select statement. The select statement looks something like this: SELECT COUNT(some_field) AS "count_value" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MurdocUK
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greater than specific number

please let me know how to construct if then else by comparing two numbers if it is greater than 10000. I need to do some specific task executed. can you help me out in shell scripting plz. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print N number of lines before and after the grep?

Hi , My record file , need to print up to above (DATA array)(there may be n no lines ) , grep "myvalue" row now .....suggest me some options --- DATA Array--- record type xxxxx sequence type yyyyy 2 3---> data1 /dev/ --- DEVICE --- MAXIMUM_People= data_blocks= MY_value=2 xyz abc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huvan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to output non-number lines with grep?

I want to check my data quality. I want to output the lines with non-number. I used the grep command: grep '' myfile.csv Since my file is csv file, I don't want to output the lines with comma. And I also don't want to output "." or space. But I still get the lines like the following:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twotwo
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)