Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat I need Rhce materials official Post 302885905 by Ultralord on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 12:04:21 AM
Old 01-29-2014
I need Rhce materials official

I want the pdfs of course official red hat Rhce.

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

aix exams materials

hi all , please i need to have good book to read or manualls or pdf files about aix exam for aix user and administrator . version 4.3.3 or 5l with old exams or sample exams .. very urgent . is there a newsgroup for aix users ?? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Learning Materials

I'm new to Solaris. Please let me know, where can i find good, explaining and easy learning tutorials in web. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthy123
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX Materials and Courses

hi all ; i'm abeginner in hp ux , any one has a good reference step by step ,and any of you can tell me about any simulator to work as unix server machine. ***Email address deleted by moderator*** Please read the rules before posting again best regards;; kafaween :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kafaween
1 Replies

4. AIX

Help to find AIX materials exam

Dears, I have been working for 2 yeas on IBM servers, now I'm thinking to get my first certification on AIX UNIX, I'm need your co-operation to provide me the link that from I can download or find the new exam book, actually I have many REDBOOK but I guess they are related to 5.xx version what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

5. SuSE

Official Security anouncements

Hello, I'm looking for an official Mailing List/Rss Feed or what else regarding SLES security Anoucements. Does anybody know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demwz
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHCE Materials

I'd like to get RHCE certification but I can't find the books which get me for doing such , could someone guide me where can i find the books ?:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Online UNIX Educational Materials

Can you please give me good site for unix commands practice in online?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagabhushanam.K
1 Replies
networks(4)							   File Formats 						       networks(4)

NAME
networks - network name database SYNOPSIS
/etc/inet/networks /etc/networks DESCRIPTION
The networks file is a local source of information regarding the networks which comprise the Internet. The networks file can be used in conjunction with, or instead of, other networks sources, including the NIS maps networks.byname and networks.byaddr and the NIS+ table networks. Programs use the getnetbyname(3SOCKET) routines to access this information. The network file has a single line for each network, with the following information: official-network-name network-number aliases Items are separated by any number of SPACE or TAB characters. A `#' indicates the beginning of a comment. Characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines which search the file. This file is normally created from the official network database maintained at the Network Information Control Center (NIC), though local changes may be required to bring it up to date regarding unofficial aliases and/or unknown networks. Network numbers may be specified in the conventional dot (`.') notation using the inet_network routine from the Internet address manipula- tion library, inet(7P). Network names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, NEWLINE, or comment character. SEE ALSO
getnetbyaddr(3SOCKET), getnetbyname(3SOCKET), inet(3SOCKET), nsswitch.conf(4), inet(7P) NOTES
The official SVR4 name of the networks file is /etc/inet/networks. The symbolic link /etc/networks exists for BSD compatibility. The network number in networks database is the host address shifted to the right by the number of 0 bits in the address mask. For example, for the address 24.132.47.86 that has a mask of fffffe00, its network number is 803351. This is obtained when the address is shifted right by 9 bits. The address maps to 12.66.23. The trailing 0 bits should not be specified. The network number here is different from that described in netmasks(4). For this example, the entry in netmasks would be 24.132.46.0 fffffe00. SunOS 5.10 17 Jan 2002 networks(4)