Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect/Send
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect/Send Post 302885853 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 03:25:44 PM
Old 01-28-2014
Quote:
expect -re "(y/n) [y]"
Don't think you want -re on this expect (re is for regular expressions and the text you are trying to match is being interpreted as a regular expression). Try:

Code:
expect "(y/n) [y]"

instead.

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 01-28-2014 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: Correct tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Send

Dear All, I wanna write a script in which it expect something and if it gets whats expected then send the command relating to that. for instance Userame: Asad Required Password for Asad: ****** I tried to use the expect key word but its does not work. I am using Solaris 8/9 If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing expect/send

Dear all, I have a code which needs to do : spawn ftp 10.4.12.22 expect "Name (10.4.12.22:mmsadmin):" send "BillingUser\r" expect "Password:" send "BillingUser\r" expect "ftp>" send "bye" but when i run its say spawn, send and expect is not found... how can i enable or install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Send command of Expect package

HI All, I am currently working on one command line application on AIX (Unix Platform).Here i need to use Expect package. By using Expect package at the top of the script,i want to use just Send command of Expect package to send characters like, 1. Press Enter key 2. Press spacebar 3.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ?

Hi all, After expect catches the string I specify, is there a way to ask expect wait for sometime before running the next send command ? So my script looks like following, expect "some string" #How to ask expect to wait for a while send "next command" The reason I want to do this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

within shell script send expect and if else

Hi I have written one shell script , using that i am able to connect to remote machine but i have to #!/usr/bin/expect -f set address set username set password set OOLpath set dbusername set dbpasswd set tnsname set recdbusername set recdbpasswd set rectnsname spawn ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

within shell script send expect and if else

Hi, I have written one shell script , using that i am able to connect to remote machine but i have to #!/usr/bin/expect -f set address set username set password set OOLpath set dbusername set dbpasswd set tnsname set recdbusername set recdbpasswd set rectnsname spawn ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scriping expect/send

Trying to script an application's interactive add-user function with expect/send. So far no information is sent, but the add-user function is called. Any help appreciated! Many Thanks #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/expect -f #PATH to add-user: PATH to expect PATH=/opt/app-1/sbin:/usr/bin ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolamiami
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command substitution in send/expect. Please help!

Hi, the following code is not working. How can I cat the last modified file in the path /asdf. Please help! expect "asdf%" {send "cat `ls -rt /asdf|tail -1` \r"} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

9. AIX

Send ctrl+C in expect script

Hi, Am trying to transfer file via FTP using expect script from server to client i need to interrupt the file transfer between server and client Please help what should used in expect code.. I used send "ctrl+c\r" expect "Aborted" but that didnt work.. I need what should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::RequireLineBouUseryContributed PPerl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::RequireLineBoundaryMatching(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::RequireLineBoundaryMatching - Always use the "/m" modifier with regular expressions. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Folks coming from a "sed" or "awk" background tend to assume that '$' and '^' match the beginning and end of the line, rather than then beginning and end of the string. Adding the '/m' flag to your regex makes it behave as most people expect it should. my $match = m{ ^ $pattern $ }x; #not ok my $match = m{ ^ $pattern $ }xm; #ok CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. NOTES
For common regular expressions like e-mail addresses, phone numbers, dates, etc., have a look at the Regexp::Common module. Also, be cautions about slapping modifier flags onto existing regular expressions, as they can drastically alter their meaning. See <http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=484238> for an interesting discussion on the effects of blindly modifying regular expression flags. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-0Perl::Critic::Policy::RegularExpressions::RequireLineBoundaryMatching(3)