Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Perl] Command option with optional value. Post 302885821 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 01:33:26 PM
Old 01-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdv
Thanks for the quick reply.

So, when I understand it correct, you are saying it is better to always require an option value ?

Like this:
Code:
  'remove=s'   => \$OptRemoveLog,

I guess that is workable.
Why to make it too complicated ? Smilie
Yes! An option that takes an option argument should always expect an option argument to be present.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

option for ls command

i'm using SunOS 5.7 and I know theres a ls option for seeing what kind of files are in a directory. I was wondering if there was a ls option that could see if the files are txt or files that can be opened in vi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Why does the 'ps' command with -u option not working?

How can I use the 'ps' command to view current sessions but only for a given process/user, with the -u parm? In older versions of Unix, this used to work, but not in Sun Solaris. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElCaito
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a perl with option

I have a perl script which runs and send out e-mail if duplicates are found. I would like to run the with option (like -e) so that it will produce the out put only and will not send out e-mail. How can I achieve it. I would appreciate the help. Thanks. Example: ./file1 (sends out e-mail)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

who command option not working

Running HP 11.31 on a HP3600. But when I log in as a user the who command works but if I use an option like "who -m" I get nothing. Any thoughts on what is causing this problem. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KMRWHUNTER
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

-n option with grep command

Hi, what is the meaning of -n option before the grep command ? grep command searches for the specified string in the file tmp_crontab.txt but what does -n mean ? With Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: milink
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable as a command option?

I am just learning shell scripting and already I found out I have the bad habit of thinking that it is similar to php or c. I learned some basics and now encountered this problem: On shell it is possible to type: $ date --date="2009-10-10 09:08:34" Sat Oct 10 09:08:34 CEST 2009 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Fsck command without any option

Dear all, I want to execute fsck command,can i execute fsck command without any option asking for more confidence. Thanks and Regards Monoj Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl debuggin option

I am getting out of memory issue in perl. I need to debug which function taking more memory constraints. what the commands to find out the memory consuming in the perl program. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
SETCAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 SETCAP(8)

NAME
setcap - set file capabilities SYNOPSIS
setcap [-q] [-v] (capabilities|-|-r) filename [ ... capabilitiesN fileN ] DESCRIPTION
In the absence of the -v (verify) option setcap sets the capabilities of each specified filename to the capabilities specified. The -v option is used to verify that the specified capabilities are currently associated with the file. The capabilities are specified in the form described in cap_from_text(3). The special capability string, '-', can be used to indicate that capabilities are read from the standard input. In such cases, the capabil- ity set is terminated with a blank line. The special capability string, '-r', is used to remove a capability set from a file. The -q flag is used to make the program less verbose in its output. EXIT CODE
The setcap program will exit with a 0 exit code if successful. On failure, the exit code is 1. SEE ALSO
cap_from_text(3), cap_set_file(3), getcap(8) 24th October 2008 SETCAP(8)