Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [BASH] (own) command is not a valid identifier Post 302885816 by sea on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 01:17:46 PM
Old 01-28-2014
If that was case, wouldnt there be lots of (follow up) errors (of other functions called) and 'normal user' usage be affected too (and not just root)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd: A specified flag is not valid for this command.

Probably a very straight forward question but please be easy on me, I am v. new to UNIX! A script that I have runs the line tmp=`pwd -H` It works fine, but I needed to make a couple of other changes to the script, nowhere near this line but now this line reports: pwd: A specified flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paxton
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

': not a valid identifier

I am trying to write a bash script. I am able to do simple things like pass arguments, assign variables and echo the results. However, when I try to declare and array or anything a little more complicated I get ': not a valid identifier Here is my code so far: #!/bin/bash echo start t... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: script123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether a string is a valid unix command

How to find a string which is entered in command promt is a valid unix command or not?. Thanks in advance ~Saravana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command - not a valid identifier message

Trying to run the following awk command : export com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads=`awk -F= '!/^#/ && /com.mics.ara.server.tools.sch_reports.Runner.num_threads/{print $2}' $BKUPDIR/env.properties` -bash: export:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A test command parameter is not valid

Hello, Getting error "A test command parameter is not valid" when trying to run the code below under /sbin/sh AA = "12:00" CHK=$(date +"%H:%M") if then print "Yes" fi Getting 2 errors: 1) "AA: not found" 2) "Specify a parameter with this command" Thanks, IS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schureki
5 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Bash shell - Check if value is valid directory.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The script usage will be as follows: library.third source_directory - Your script will display an appropriate error message and exit with status 3 if no parameters are given - Your script will display an appropriate error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netmaster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-009 The specified number is not valid for this command

Hi, Am using a if condition to match a pattern but I get the following error.. if then echo "The value is $hidType" return 0 elseif -a ] echo "The value is $hidType" return 0 fi I get the following error + echo The value is mode The value is mode + ./a2: mode:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

403-009 The specified number is not valid for this command.

Error Message: dm2_oraver: 9xdm2_oraver2: LT11/w_standard/gold_wh/install/dm2_updatetns.ksh: 11MAR13: 0403-009 The spe cified number is not valid for this command. if means the line number in the ksh, it is ((CntNew=Cnt+1)). Please let me know the best way to debug and find it out. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to create new directory by date followed by identifier and additional subdirectories

I have a bash that downloads a list and if that list has data in it then a new main directory is created (with the date) with several subdirectories (example1, example2, example3). My question is in that list there are portion of specific file types (.vcf.gz) - identifier towards the end that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script accepting variables in valid number format

Hi Experts I would like to ask if there is a way to validate if the variable passed is in this kind of sample format "06-10" or "10-01". It was really a challenge to me on how to start and echnically the "6-10" stands for "June 10" and "10-01" stands as "October 1", overall it needs to have ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ersan-poguita
3 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)