Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP and SFTP functionality
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP and SFTP functionality Post 302885772 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 10:30:41 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Getting what problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

FTP v's SFTP

Hi, I'm being told that I have to start using SFTP from my server (HPUX 11i), so heres a few questions; What are the differences between FTP and SFTP? What differences in congiuration can I expect? Are there any changes in command usage? I did see an earlier thread with command issues. A few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write exactly the same way with SFTP using authentication keys, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP commands in SFTP

Hi, I am in the process of migrating all my FTP data flows into SFTP to make data more secure... I have used many quote site commands in our FTP sesssion. In SFTP i found that there is no option to do such commands. Does any body here know to overcome the current situation. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

amend ftp to sftp

Hi all, below is my current scriptftp -n << FTPCTRL open $my_ip user $my_user $my_pass ascii prompt off lcd $myDIR cd $ftp_cd $OPS $myfile FTPCTRLI'd like to amend it to sftp mode. Please advise the correct step.I consulted the man pages of sftp and I suppose I should be using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP or SFTP User

Hello there, is there any command in Unix to check that following ftp user is ftp or sftp user. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahhmedbilal
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP / SFTP confusion

Good morning all, I require some help regarding an FTP server i am building. Basically i have around 20 users all sending a receiving files to and from my FTP server but would like all traffic to be secure. I want to ensure users connect via SFTP only and are denied via FTP. Im using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script from ftp to sftp

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i have my own server and upload file with ftp with this script ftp -n xxxxxxxxxcom<<EOF user xxxx xxxx binary put image bye EOF i want to convert to sftp or secure protocol when change to sftp no respond it stop i don't know how to start ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrate from FTP to SFTP

Hi,I am using following code for FTP in shell script file and it is working.Now I want to migrate from FTP to SFTP.What code changes/steps I have to perform for SFTP ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace FTP with SFTP

Hi All, I am in the process of replacing SFTP instead of FTP to make data more secure. In one of my FTP script I have Quote Site command. I would like to know, what is the option to replace this in SFTP ftp -n -v <<! | tee -a $LOG | grep "Transfer complete" >/dev/null open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desai.vishnu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp equivalent to ftp -n

Hi all. I can put ftp command in shell script together with the password using ftp -n 10.1.2.34 << EOF user userid password cd /test_dir/ prompt bin get filename.txt EOF But the -n option is not available for sftp. What alternatives do I have then to bypass the password prompt? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
6 Replies
ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)						    ABRT Manual 					     ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)

NAME
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace - Analyzes C/C++ backtrace, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function in problem directory DIR. SYNOPSIS
abrt-action-analyze-backtrace [-v] [-d DIR] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a file named backtrace from problem directory, generates duplication hash, backtrace rating, and identifies crash function. Then it saves this data as new elements duphash, rating, crash_function in this problem directory. Integration with libreport events abrt-action-analyze-backtrace can be used as a secondary analyzer, after backtrace has been generated. The data generated by abrt-action-analyze-backtrace is useful for reporting the crash to bug databases: rating makes it possible to prevent reporting of bugs with low quality (non-informative) backtraces, duplication hash is used to find already filed bugs about similar crashes. Example usage in report_event.conf: EVENT=analyze analyzer=CCpp abrt-action-generate-backtrace || exit $? abrt-action-analyze-backtrace OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -v Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. AUTHORS
o ABRT team SEE ALSO
abrt-action-generate-backtrace abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-ACTION-ANALYZ(1)