Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need to check long running processes on the database server and the os is AIX Post 302885768 by Vishal_dba on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 10:04:06 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Thanks Ravinder! Comm is working but cmd is not working

Code:
ps -eo pid,comm,start,etime

but with cmd it's giving error

Code:
 ps -eo pid,comm,start,etime,cmd
ps: 0509-048 Flag -o was used with invalid list.
Usage: ps [-ANPaedfklmMZ] [-n namelist] [-F Format] [-o specifier[=header],...]
                [-p proclist][-G|-g grouplist] [-t termlist] [-U|-u userlist] [-c classlist] [ -T pid] [ -L pidlist]
Usage: ps [aceglnsuvwxU] [t tty] [processnumber]

Best regards,
Vishal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running processes on remote server.

Hi, I am trying to write a script, which queries a db to get the names of processes, stores it in a file and then checks if that process is running on a remote server. However I am not getting it right, could anyone help me out. #!/bin/sh echo "select Address from Device where Cust =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check how long the process has been running.

I have a requirement to check how long a process is running on unix system.If i use ps -ef i am getting the following message guest 2453638 1998920 0 16:16:05 - 0:00 dsapi_slave 9 8 0 but this is showing only time not the date.Can any one please advice me any script to find out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check since when (for how long) a particular process is running ?

How do I check if a particular process is running from a certain date and time ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxlxboy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for long running processes....

I searched the forums but didn't see anything related to what I'm looking for. I need a script that would give me a listing of jobs running longer than, for example, 12 hours or so. Thanks in advance for your assistance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CyberOptiq
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time

Hi , Please help me shell script to determine the active processes on the system which are running since long time (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to Identify long running unix processes

Hi All, Need an urgent help, I have a requirement to find long running unix processes.. I have tried the below commands, but not succeed. I need to arrange the unix processess in an order of elapsed time (high to low) that runs in a system. For Eg: Consider we have 3 processes, Pid 1 pid 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamedirfan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question about finding the PID of long-running processes

The end result that I'd like is to terminate any process on my ps -u username list that extends beyond 20 minutes. I know for a fact that this process will be named l.exe, but I don't know the number in between and I won't know the PID. Is there a way to use grep or pidof to do this task every 20... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bolanok
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for long running process on AIX

I want to write a shellscript which determines if a particular process is long running than my specified threshold time. Eg: My process name is "prsd" and is expected to run for 15 mins and completes. If I set a threshold limit of 1 hour, and how we can the get output of the long running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Running Processes

I want to check how many processes are running with same names and get their respective counts. ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort -u | awk '{print $2": "$1}' Output would look like : $ ps -ef|grep -Eo 'process1|process2|process3| '|sort | uniq -c | awk '{print $2":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpltyansh
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check processes running on remote server

Hello Guys, I need some help to find out if processes are running on remote server or not. I could do 'ssh' to do that but due to some security reasons, I need to avoid the ssh & get result from remote server. Could you please suggest some that can be done without ssh or similar sort of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
8 Replies
shatag-add(1)							      Shatag							     shatag-add(1)

NAME
shatag-add - add checksums to the local database for further procressing. SYNOPSIS
shatag-add [-v] [-d DATABASE] NAME DESCRIPTION
shatag-add processes the output of shatag(1) to fill the local database. NAME is the symbolical name of the storage on which the file re- side (recommended to be the canonical hostname). If the operation succeeds, previous entries for the specified name are removed from the database. When running shatag(1) to send data to shatag-add, always use the -0 and -c options. Not using -0 will result in a garbled database; Not using -c may yield false positives when looking for duplicates. OPTIONS
-d DATABASE, --database DATABASE Use an alternate localtion for the SQLite database. The default is "$HOME/.shatagdb". REPORTING BUGS
Report shatag bugs to the bugtracker at http://bitbucket.org/maugier/shatag, SEE ALSO
shatag(1), shatag-mkdb(1) Shatag 0.1 26.08.2010 shatag-add(1)