Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Can be Installed WMware EXSi on Sun Fire 445 sparc? Post 302885761 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 09:31:21 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Again "No". VMWare is also x86 based... What you need is a x86 server.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit

Hi , could you please clarify me the difference between sun sparc 32-bit and sun sparc 64-bit? means on which processors these are supporting (pentium processors, sun sparc processors) Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installed apache server , can't connect from outside (using CentOS in WMware )

Hello all I installed apache in CentOS 5.5 ,after searching the web for tips on configuration I did the fallowing stuff to unable connecting the http server from outside. In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I changed the Listen value to 0.0.0.8011 Then checked with then check with: netstat -anp and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Application running too slow on Sun SPARC T5440 but run normal on sun M3000

Hi all, I have application running on sun server T5440 4x8x1.4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, application running very slow though load average too low. when I install my application on another server SUN M3000 (One CPU 1x8x2.5GHz, 8GB RAM), application run smoothly. Here is my server T5440 info: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows app over Sun Fire 445?

Please, I have a professional application that run only over windows, but I have a Full Sun Fire 445 for that. Someone can sugest me about how to do? Wich S.O can be use. Thanks before hand. Please read the forum rules again. Rule #9 should be in your focus. Thank you! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abelop
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire 4800 is not powering-on

I switched on the power to the server. But, the server did not power on i.e., none of the 3 LEDs on the front panel is lighted. (Power supplies are showing only amber LEDs with "Ready to remove" sign). I tried to turn on the power supplies via System Controller menu (platform shell), but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solind
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun fire x2270

Hello, I have purchaced an old SUn fire x2270 server . I wanted to make ILOM upgrade to the latest version of software : ILOM 3.0.9.18.a r126592 BIOS vers. 2.09 Server 2.2.3 (10-Aug-2018) Because my version is very outdated. But i can't download the updatebecause it's require... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouisLakoute
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
wrsm(7D)							      Devices								  wrsm(7D)

NAME
wrsm - WCI Remote Shared Memory (WRSM) device driver SYNOPSIS
wci@<slot>,0:wrsm wrsm@<instance>:ctrl wrsm@ffff,0:admin DESCRIPTION
The wrsm driver is a nexus driver that manages Sun Fire Link devices and wrsm controllers. A WCI device on a Sun Fire Link board is attached directly to the host system bus and provides clustering communication between Solaris instances that are memory transaction-based. The WCI acts as a memory controller on the system backplane. The wrsm driver programs regis- ters on the WCI to accept network read/write requests on certain exported cluster addresses from incoming links. The registers translate the requests into local read/write bus transactions that use local physical memory ranges that you specify. The driver programs additional WCI registers to forward local system backplane read/write transactions within a particular physical address range to a remote WCI. A WCI device in the format wci@slot,0:wrsm appears in the device tree. A wrsm controller is a pseudo device that manages a set of WCIs. A device entry in the format wrsm@<instance>:ctrl appears in the device tree. A wrsm controller presents a Sun proprietary protocol to clients, enabling them to set up the network and to communicate through the WCIs. To configure a wrsm controller, you download a configuration into the driver using the wrsmconf(1M) command or through other external WCI network management software. Status information on each WCI and wrsm controller is available by using the wrsmstat(1M) command. The wrsm admin device is used internally by the driver to manage the I/O addresses associated with remote memory. A device entry in the format wrsm@ffff,0:admin appears in the device tree FILES
/platform/sun4u/kernel/drv/sparcv9/wrsm ELF kernel module SEE ALSO
wrsmconf(1M), wrsmstat(1M) Writing Device Drivers DIAGNOSTICS
The messages described below may appear on the system console as well as being logged. These messages generally include the string wrsm%d, where %d is the instance number of the wrsm device. The message context indicates whether the device is a WCI or a wrsm controller. Some messages include the string wci %a, where %a is the bus slot of the WCI device. wrsm%d: unable to map register set %d Driver was unable to map device registers; check for bad hardware. Driver did not attach device, device will be inaccessible. wrsm_detach:cf_remove_controller failed for wrsm%d Driver did not detach device; device is inaccessible. wrsm_detach:cf_remove_wci failed for wrsm%d Driver did not detach device. This WCI is the last WCI in wrsm controller. register_controller of wrsm%d failed with error %d The wrsm controller could not register with the Sun proprietary protocol framework. Communication is not possible through this con- troller. wrsm%d, wci %a, SRAM CE ERROR, at address: 0x%x, syndrome:0x%x There was a correctable error in the WCI's SRAM. This indicates that the memory on this WCI module should be replaced. wrsm%d, wci %a, SRAM UE ERROR, at address: 0x%x, syndrome:0x%x There was an uncorrectable error in the WCI's SRAM. This indicates that the memory on this WCI module should be replaced. In addition, attempts to access local memory from remote nodes may fail. SunOS 5.10 17 Nov 2002 wrsm(7D)