Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help about comment verification Post 302885694 by learnbash on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 03:45:32 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Help about comment verification

Hello,

I have a file, in which line 40 is commented. It is basically a cron job,

Code:
#05,35,50 * * * * /usr/local/scripts/my.sh

how i can i verify the line 40 is commented, if not then give me message not commented, otherwise provide us message it is commented.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

verification?

I'm really new at this and wondering how I would go about adding code to my script to verify that all records loaded successfully? (I am loading a file into a table) i'm using the Korn shell. I'm also having trouble verifying parts in the header as i do not really understand the header and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheranjem
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH login verification

I need to write a script that check users authenting to a particular server ssh -l if sucessfull echo loggin sucess else echo login invalid Any Suggestions ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signiture verification failed

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I've installed Solaris 10.0 and trying to apply all patches. On Java Desktop, I've applied almost all patches but some of patches should be applied manually on the command line. The patches -should be applied manually on terminal- are downloaded by Sun Update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

4. Programming

htable + verification

hello every body, I have to verifiy if the param_key is selectionned twice or more and to print only one occurence i'm using htable what's the good implementation to add to the code to verify this. code : { char *tmpStr = NULL; ght_iterator_t iterator_param; void... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
0 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP verification

Hi, every midnight hacmp verification is run automatically. clverify.log says there is no erro bu clutils.log says there is 1 error but when i look at the clverify.log no problem at all. Below is the output of the clverify.log what may be the cause of the error in the clutils.log file. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmersoylu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Verification

Hi eveyone I am planning to use crontab to delete all files in my donwloads directory that are older than one hour I will be using crontab to run this script find /home/kee/downloads/* -daystart -mmin +59 -type f -name -exec rm -r {}\; could you please let me know if the above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k33k00
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field verification script help

Hello again unix.com I need some help regarding a script. I have: function checkform ( form ) { if (form.pass.value.length < 6) { alert( "Error." ); form.pass.focus(); document.getElementById('pass').style.backgroundColor="#FFFFFF"; return... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galford
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Server login verification

Hi , How to ensure the server i logged in OS cluster ? Is there any command to verify that ? Regards, maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies

9. Programming

ECDSA verification

Using ECDSA, how do you verify integrity of Data (D), Given the value for the following: Random number (r) Signature (s) ECpublic Key (K) Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
0 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Can't get past google verification

Trying to register the Verification step is blocking me. I've allowed all the intrusive Google trackers and Java. Tried different browsers with no blocking. Nothing is working. Says: "Try again later Your computer maybe ... " What weird is in this forum section I can pass the recaptcha but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)                                                   Git Manual                                                   GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] git stripspace [-c | --comment-lines] DESCRIPTION
Read text, such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions, from the standard input and clean it in the manner used by Git. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)