Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [SOLVED] Why awk script will not output to file? Post 302885648 by newbie2010 on Monday 27th of January 2014 04:47:10 PM
Old 01-27-2014
You are a genius, many thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to search an html file and output links

hello. i want to make an awk script to search an html file and output all the links (e.g .html, .htm, .jpg, .doc, .pdf, etc..) inside it. also, i want the links that will be output to be split into 3 groups (separated by an empty line), the first group with links to other webpages (.html .htm etc),... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyris
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass input and output file as parameter to awk script

Hi, i am new to awk. I am using csv2pipe script(shown below) BEGIN { FS=SUBSEP; OFS="|" } { result = setcsv($0, ",") print } # setcsv(str, sep) - parse CSV (MS specification) input # str, the string to be parsed. (Most likely $0.) # sep, the separator between the values. # #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskarjha178
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script to convert input file(s) to output file

Hi All, I am hoping someone can help me with some scripting I need to complete using AWK. I'm trying to process multiple fixed files to generate one concatenated fixed file in a standard format. The Input file is:- aaaa bbbbb ccccc 1 xxxx aaa bbb aaaa bbbbb ccccc 2 abcd aaa CCC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason_v_brown
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Output in bash script not captured in variable

I'm tring to write down a simple script that would execute a command and wait until it returns a specific result. This is what i did: bjobs_out=`bjobs` while ]; do bjobs_out=`bjobs` sleep 6 done It seems to work until the command 'jobs' return the list of jobs in execution, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifedj
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Awk output to a file , inside script.

Hi, Can anyone please help me with this issue. I have a Awk command which take file as input, and provides the output having multiple lines, its working in command mode, but not if i plug it in script. #!/bin/ksh infile=a.txt outfile=b.txt awk ' BEGIN{ FS=OFS="|";ORS = "\n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sp999
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk output into a file

Hello board members.. here i am and here is my question. OS HP-UX awk i have a file where the FS is the pipe (|). So i choose the second field and i would like to do the following: If this filed is 0 then, i need the line in file1.txt Else write the line in file2.txt cat testfile.txt |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiko
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to Redirect Output To Log File?

I have the below script, but when i execute it is still printing to screen is there a way i can stop this and just print everything to the log file. Thank you. #!/bin/bash exec > >(tee "/var/log/ScriptLogs/called_from_incrontab.log") 2>&1 DIR="$1" FILE="$2" echo "STEP 1: Datafile... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)