Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Some questions about Intellistation 285 and powervm Post 302885548 by zaxxon on Monday 27th of January 2014 10:10:53 AM
Old 01-27-2014
I have a 9131-52A which is not really on the market anymore either, but I was still able to get my PowerVM license, which cost me about 400€. I am able with just 1 CPU to do micro-partitioning, have 4 LPARs running where one of them is a VIO server. The license key has to be entered in ASMI if you have no HMC. I did that and work with IVM since I do not have a HMC.
I would try to check 1st if your 9111-285, is capable of micro-partitioning and does support LPARs. If you enter the ASMI and check the licenses (don't remember the correct name), there will be all those listed, which are activated and which not. Not that you spent 400 € and can't use the license.
We had a thread over here:

Last edited by zaxxon; 01-27-2014 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: removed info that was already written

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

USB on IntelliStation 275

Is it possible to use USB with an IntelliStation 275? It has a P4 CPU and AIX OpenBeta. I would like to connect an external hard drive as backup. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

2. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

3. AIX

PowerVM HA questions

hi guys, i need to develop following setup for a customer: high availability oracle database on aix7 and linux in 2 different LPAR using dual ps700 blande a ds3400 and HMC. the question is, it is possible to have automatic vioc failover(aix,linux) when for example 1 vios goes down? in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gullio23
6 Replies

4. AIX

Need IBM PowerVM

Hi all please give me a link for IBM PowerVM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
4 Replies

5. AIX

Strange error on 285 IBM intellistation

Solution found: dimm error! :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
2 Replies

6. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
asadmin-display-license(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-display-license(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-display-license, display-license - displays the license information SYNOPSIS
display-license [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] display-license displays the license information. This command can run both locally and remotely. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using display-license in local mode asadmin> display-license ***************************************************************** Eval Sun ONE Application Server 7 Evaluation License Expiration date Tues 11 Sept 11:58:47 PDT 2002 Number of instances per admin server Unlimited Allow remote administration YES ***************************************************************** Example 2: Using display-license in remote mode asadmin> display-license --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 ***************************************************************** Eval Sun ONE Application Server 7 Evaluation License Expiration date Tues 11 Sept 11:58:47 PDT 2002 Number of instances per admin server Unlimited Allow remote administration YES ***************************************************************** EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-install-license(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-display-license(1AS)